Re: [MAC] Origin servers temporarily unavailable

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
Wait, so you fixed the Yosemite glitch by uninstalling and reinstalling?
Message 181 of 225 (1,371 Views)

@NightMimex

No, you must opt into the beta in origin and download the latest beta patch which fixes the issue. If you are not prompted for an update after opting in then you may need to uninstall and reinstall origin to kickstart the download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 182 of 225 (1,366 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Woah, it worked! Thank you so much! :D
Message 183 of 225 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

Problem solved, thanks!

Message 184 of 225 (1,314 Views)

Update 28/10/18

This issue should now be solved in the current release of Origin - 10.5.29, no need for beta participation. Please do post back here if you are still experiencing the issue, confirming your version of macOS Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 185 of 225 (15,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my mac is version 10.13.6 . I’m really frustrated because I am getting the message that servers are unavailable and that I can’t login on two separate computers. I’ve cleared my cache, used Reset Origin, checked my date and time settings, checked my firewall settings, completely deleted and redownloaded Origin onto my computer... I’m just beyond frustrated at this point. It shouldn’t take a computer engineer for me to run my games. I really miss the old days when I could just run TS4 right off my computer without Origin messing up so often. 

Message 186 of 225 (1,114 Views)

@16khebb

Can you connect your Mac(s) to your router via ethernet?

Could you also try all the suggestions in the Download & Connection section of the Mac Origin help thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Troubleshooting-amp-Info/m-p/5371640#M8929

AHQSigImage.png
Message 187 of 225 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MacBook Pro 15" here, running macOS Sierra 10.13.6. I have never been able to connect with the client, even on the previous macOS version. I retry every few months, it never works - I always get the "Servers are currently unavailable". Yes I've used the Reset tool. Of course I've rebooted, of course I've reinstalled the Origin client (multiple times). I've tried launching the client with sudo privileges, I've disabled the firewall, it never works. 

When I launch the Origin client inside terminal, I see a few errors:

qt.network.ssl: Error receiving trust for a CA certificate
QString::arg: 1 argument(s) missing in https://api1.origin.com/autopatch/2/upgradeFrom/%1/%2/%3?platform=%4&osVersion=%5
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::userConnectionStateChanged(bool, Origin::Services::Session::SessionRef) to Origin::Services::HttpServiceResponse::onConnectionStateChanged(bool, Origin::Services::Session::SessionRef)

I don't know if it's because macOS doesn't trust the SSL CA used by EA (DigiCert Inc) or if it's something else. Googling about this issue shows hundreds of people having that same problem on Mac, since 2015 at least. I'm very impressed that I still cannot use the client at all.

Message 188 of 225 (1,040 Views)

Re: Origin services temporarily unavailable

★★ Novice

Try playing off line

Message 189 of 225 (971 Views)

Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable

★★ Novice

I play off line for now lol

Message 190 of 225 (970 Views)