Re: origin servers temporarily unavailable

by playgirl_u_want

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey all if you are still  having  issues with connection, then I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko.png
Message 71 of 225 (1,200 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Even though the helpful guy from EA verbally confirmed this morning its a problem origin created that they are now messing about to fix? last time I took advice it made it worse and now I can't play anything at all, forgive me if I seem rude but i'm not overly willing to mess around again 

Message 72 of 225 (1,095 Views)

Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable

★★ Novice

Hi! I got origin issues today, so i ended up chatting with them and they also told my its an issue they are working on. 

My troubles started today, in Norway. 

Think its frustrating they dont go official about it if its something going on here. 

Message 73 of 225 (854 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree! I know some people have had a problem since last Wednesday, so it's been a week and they still haven't said anything. I am beyond frustrated and just want to play my games before school starts back up again. I had just bought the new Sims 4 Seasons and was SUPER excited to start playing with the new content. 

Message 74 of 225 (842 Views)

Hi everyone,

Please could you check for these files:

Macintosh HD > Library > LaunchDaemons > com.ea.origin.ESHelper.plist

Macintosh HD > Library > PrivilegedHelperTools > com.ea.origin.ESHelper

(Where Macintosh HD may be a different name on your system if you have renamed it or wiped and reformatted with a different name)

There is a current install issue with Origin affecting some Mac users and knowing if these files are present would be really informative - thanks!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 75 of 225 (966 Views)

★ Novice
Hi! Ive had the same problem since friday. Ive spoken to the support on several occasions, and again today and the answer that I got now is that they are aware of the problem and working on it. They had no idea when it will be resolved (they didn't even know what the problem is) and told me to check Ea twitter for updates.
Message 76 of 225 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same! I have been dealing with this issue for five days! They keep telling me they are "Working on the issue" and to check twitter when it's fix. I just want to play Sims Frown

Message 77 of 225 (948 Views)

@Julort @mmh536

Feedback is vital and really helpful in helping to narrow down the issue. Have you looked for the files I requested in my previous post above yours? I've also asked in previous posts on this issue for the OS version people are running - what are you both running?

I know it can help to vent frustration on this site but it doesn't help fix the issue, providing constructive feedback does.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 78 of 225 (937 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have those files.
Message 79 of 225 (935 Views)

@taylormlester11

THANK YOU! And which version of macOS are you running?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 80 of 225 (931 Views)