by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Origin servers temporarily unavailable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Help! when I log in to origin on my Mac I get the pop up saying 

origin servers are a temporarily unavailable 

Apologies for the inconvenience, we're currently unable to retrieve your list of games please reload and try again 

I am running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 

I have tried turning it off and on again and I have also deleted ("the hard way") and redownloaded the origin client ..

And I still have 0 games in my library! 

Help!! 

Message 1 of 225 (18,950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] Origin servers temporarily unavailable

Update 28/10/18

This issue should now be solved in the current release of Origin - 10.5.29, no need for beta participation. Please do post back here if you are still experiencing the issue, confirming your version of macOS Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 185 of 225 (15,787 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable

★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem for the past 48 hrs and have opened several cases to no avail. I've done all the troubleshooting they've suggested : running origin on safe mode, clearing cache file, downloaded and installed the app almost 10x, downloaded older version of the app, constantly restarting my computer and still nothing. Super frustrating.

Message 2 of 225 (18,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Are you also on Mac and in the UK? 

Message 3 of 225 (18,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No Mac in the US.

Message 4 of 225 (18,846 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I've been trying for 3 days! I just wanna play the sims. ugh
Message 5 of 225 (18,829 Views)

★ Apprentice

Looks like we're all in the same boat. Been having this issue since yesterday and all the EA support reps tell me is that they know its an issue and they are "working on it" but have yet to tweet or post about it.

Message 6 of 225 (18,806 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It's so frustrating. I haven't been on in ages and the moment I try, there a problem. Maybe I'm cursed. :<
Message 7 of 225 (18,802 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, can you try disabling your anti-virus and firewall and then trying to connect? 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 225 (18,734 Views)

Origin services temporarily unavailable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Can't load my list of games since yesterday. The website works fine, the games are there, so the problem is with the application. Tried deleting cache, disabling Avast, opening ports (80, 443 and others I don't remember), reinstalling completely and installing Origin a million times and still no progress. Contacted EA Support and they couldn't help, saying something must be wrong with my connection. My Internet provider can't do anything since the website works fine. Any ideas? I'm using Mac so 90% of solutions don't work for me or I don't know how to do the same thing on Mac. Any help will be appreciated coz I'm getting really mad

Also, what are Origin servers? Internet people suggested pinging the servers and I have no idea what they are (noob)

Message 9 of 225 (18,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, my antivirus and firewall are both disabled

Message 10 of 225 (18,729 Views)