MAC Origin- Can't install a new Helper Tool

by phoeberose18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MAC Origin- Can't install a new Helper Tool

★★★ Newbie

So I tried to play Sims 4 but had to update Origin. as well as install a new Helper tool. but whenever I type my MAC's user login details  (not my origin account details).

it disappears, I click on the origin icon again and the same "PERMISSION REQUIRED: ORIGIN NEED TO INSTALL NEW HELPER TOOL" over and over no matter how many times I enter the correct details.

Message 1 of 7 (803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MAC Origin- Can't install a new Helper Tool

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @phoeberose18.

For this issue you need to ensure that your account is an Admin account. You can check this by going to System Preferences > Users & Groups. If your account is not an Admin account then you will need to set it as such.

If it is already an Admin account then can you try creating another user account, set it up with Admin rights and then try the tool again.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (782 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @phoeberose18.

For this issue you need to ensure that your account is an Admin account. You can check this by going to System Preferences > Users & Groups. If your account is not an Admin account then you will need to set it as such.

If it is already an Admin account then can you try creating another user account, set it up with Admin rights and then try the tool again.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having this problem too, setting up a new admin user account seems like a ridiculous way to solve this. Any other solutions? I am very sceptical that the recommended solution will work. The user profile I am on is the admin and only account on my Mac. I have followed a few solutions in other threads that also did not work.

Message 3 of 7 (711 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@phoeberose18 did you end up getting it to work? Mine's doing the same now.
Message 4 of 7 (646 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too! I've tried everything, along witht eh new admin user thing. Nothing works. Please help!

Message 5 of 7 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I've tried to make a new user account but it didnt work. Before that I have tried to download ResetOrigin and I've reset it but after I install the Origin client, the same problem occured. Please, do you have any other solution? I miss my simsFrown

Message 6 of 7 (547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I'm choked that I've paid for these games and I can't even play them cause this stupid Origin won't update. 

Message 7 of 7 (470 Views)