Re: Low speed on download/update on Origin

by Haybasha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low speed on download/update on Origin

★ Apprentice

- Origin, fix the speed on download/update. Only on Origin I have low speed, U play and STEAM work very well.

- WTF it's ''Preparing'' when a game update ?? My Battlefield 5 need to update (update have 40,13 GB). First ''Preparing'' (it lasts about 2-3 decades, YEP !!! 30 years !!) and after, download start (because of the low speed it takes a long, long time). Why don't you want to do as well as STEAM or U play ???

Message 1 of 6 (443 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Now I've managed to get on I also found my latency has doubled on every server.

Again before anyone suggests it's my setup, no it's not, no change on Steam, UPlay or Battle.net.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (375 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @taica if you are seeing slow speeds then this can point to a  network or connection issue. As such, can you try the following steps please:

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (424 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, no issues on any other download but on Origin I'm currently getting between 0 and 11Mb/s on a 350Mbps connection. On Steam, UPlay etc. I get 50Mb/s

Message 3 of 6 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

and it wont ley you play the game until its done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I bought one game from Origin Battlefield V. It is my last ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im on fiber. It isn't anything on our end and you know it origin. You simply wont spend on fast servers to provide bandwidth to get the job done. Just stop lying about it and admit it so people don't try to follow your false suggestions and end up screwing up their routers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you understand me?

Update: Preparing to update is 11 minutes and counting.

Update: Preparing to update is  20 minutes and counting. 

Message 4 of 6 (377 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Now I've managed to get on I also found my latency has doubled on every server.

Again before anyone suggests it's my setup, no it's not, no change on Steam, UPlay or Battle.net.

Message 5 of 6 (376 Views)

★★ Apprentice

……. and here we are again a month later, guess what? Yup another BF V update that so far this evening  has taken over 2 hours to download and still only at 90% complete.

On a 350Mbps connection, really? It should take under 13 minutes to download 30Gb. It's like being back on a 28.8k modem at times with speeds of 2kb/s!

Message 6 of 6 (261 Views)