Lost my Childhood Origin Account

by davidjuhasz123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost my Childhood Origin Account

★★★ Newbie

Hello, Gamers,

I lost my childhood account. I don't know about the connected email, and the password probably expired because non of my passwords work that I have ever used.
All I know is the User ID / Profile picture.

Considering the current situation the EA services going to ask the following questions to recover an account:

1. IP address
  2.  Last 4 digits of your credit card
  3. Date of birth
  4.  Billing address
  5. Phone number.
  6. Name of 2 EA games and the date of their purchase(month and year only).

I knew my correct IP since I used the account from this pc a year ago.  I never paid with a credit card, instead I used PayPal that I have right now. On top of that, I have an invoice from a year ago that connected to purchase from that very account. Date of birth: no problem but I'm not sure I registered with the real date as a 9-10-year-old. Billing address: Never given to Origin for sure. Phone number is changed in the last 10 years also.  Name 2 game purchase date: So the problem with this that I have bought 1 game in the last 5 years, that I still have the invoice by the way, but don't know purchase dates further back. I also can name most of the games from the account that I've played with.

So the information is not good enough apparently for EA. I think I have a really unique situation here since I made this account maybe 10 years ago. My old email probably expired as well.
I don't know for sure because Origine cannot provide this information to me. But my IP is correct for sure, and also have an invoice that I made via that exact account. I'm sure there must be a way to solve my problem. I cannot name a situation when my IP is correct plus have an invoice from a game purchase and despite this, my account is not mine.

That account means a lot to me. Do you guys have any suggestions on what should I do? Does anyone have the same issue?

Have a great day everyone!

Stay strong

Message 1 of 4 (529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost my Childhood Origin Account

Community Manager

@davidjuhasz123 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/ or click Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (517 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@davidjuhasz123 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/ or click Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry  If you still cant help with this problem after he explained his(also my) problem this accuratly and providing exact and accurate information to help you, help us with this problem.

Maybe you should consider changing your methods to make it easier for both EA and the consumer to find their/our old accounts?

There must be a better way if your methods don`t work?

This simply isnt good enough. I have reviewed multiple, similar request for help to find old accounts with games for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, and the answer is always the same. 

"For this, you will need to contact Origin/EA support. They will gladly help you, with this problem. To contact them, see the steps bellow

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue

Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day." Blah blah blah.

I did these steps and had to fill in the exact same form as davidjuhasz123 , and had the same problem. I dont remember the date of purchase since it was so long ago. I also dont think i gave a billing adress and i have also gotten a new computer since then so i dont know if the IP adress is correct. He had an invoice from the exact account for gods sake.

I really think you should make some changes to your system if you cant help anyone with this exact problem.

Message 3 of 4 (342 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sloshybutton, if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our live support team will be unable to make any changes to or grant you access to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)