Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2

by Admiralsnackbare

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA community! 

EA does have alot of games at their disposal and iam currently enjoying Apex Legends. However, as I cleaned my attic the other day I found an old relic. I found one of my childhood memories. I found, (Warning, subjective opinion), one of the best games i have ever played. In an old dusty case I found Battle For Middle Earth 2, and not just the base game. I also found the DLC for the game ( Batte For Middle Earth 2 Rise Of The Witch King ). Now I know that the game is pretty old but as I looked through the dusty case I was able to find the discs for the game aswell as the product keys. With a smile on my face i turned to Origin and tried to enter the product keys so I could relive this childhood memory of mine. Unfortunatly it didnt work. I contacted EA about this and after a couple of persons tried everything to add the game to my EA account, we were unsucessful. The persons helping me were friendly but they concluded that the game was too old for origin to work properly. However, against all odds I was actually able to add the DLC to my Origin account (BFME2 ROTWK). But it requires the original game to be installed. So i am stuck in an evil circle. 

Now you may just say that since i still have the discs for the game, why do you not just use them. I can not use them because my computer does not have a discfeeder. ( It's too modern for that ). So with my hopes down of ever playing BFME2 again i turn my sorrow to the EA forums. What I want to accomplish with this post is for EA to either make this game possible to play or make a Battle For Middle Earth 3. Best case scenario would be if EA could remaster the game. ( I would totally buy it even though I have the old game ). But my hopes for that are also pretty low. Hopefully some people in the community will find this post so that EA sees this because this game is truly one of the best games that has ever been produced by EA. I sincerly hope I do get to play it again. Thank you for your time reading this and have a great day! ( Sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language Wink )

Message 1 of 6 (2,846 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Admiralsnackbare 

Playing The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-earth II would be quite a nostalgic trip for me as well, so I completely understand that you would like to be able to play the game again.

Contacting our live support in the first place was absolutely the right thing to do Standard smile Unfortunately... if our game advisers weren't able to help, there's nothing more that we can do on our forum, I'm afraid Frown

I'm also not aware of any remaster plans Devil I will try to update this thread, if any news resurface. 

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,828 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Admiralsnackbare 

Playing The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-earth II would be quite a nostalgic trip for me as well, so I completely understand that you would like to be able to play the game again.

Contacting our live support in the first place was absolutely the right thing to do Standard smile Unfortunately... if our game advisers weren't able to help, there's nothing more that we can do on our forum, I'm afraid Frown

I'm also not aware of any remaster plans Devil I will try to update this thread, if any news resurface. 

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 6 (2,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I physically have both but they won't launch on windows 10.

I chatted with an adviser, who was kind enough to put the expansion on Origin, but they still won't launch on windows 10.

I then called and an adviser suggested the forums/community, might you have any suggestions like perhaps a Command Line Argument in Origin's Advanced Launch Options?

EDIT: I installed BFME2 with my disc (@OP - Samsung Portable DVD Writer Model SE-208) and it allowed Origin to install the expansion. Also, OP's idea is fantastic and there's definitely an audience for it, especially with recent LOTR games.

Message 3 of 6 (2,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could we see battle for middle earth added to the orgin store with its DLC's ive seen a big community in this game and i would love to get back into it but the only copies that can be purchased from others are asking for obscene prices.

Message 4 of 6 (2,740 Views)

★ Novice
@Admiralsnackbare I bought Rise of the Witch King through A Origin. Can still download it, but it won't recognize Origin's key, so it won;t play. You shouldn't be locked out of your own game because you bought it online. I'll keep buying discs if Origin will not stand by their sale of games online.
Message 5 of 6 (2,071 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exact same boat.  I can go through my purchase history and follow the bread crumb trail to redownload the game again.  Which means EA still has the files on it's servers.  But it will not launch, giving me a message of: "please log into Origin to verfiy your ownership"  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.   Guess that's why Origin never took off.

Message 6 of 6 (1,764 Views)