Re: Locked account

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Locked account

★★ Novice

So I had a problem recently where I had my account hacked. I received a couple messages in my email that an unknown location logged into my account and also that I was banned from Apex legends for cheating. Fun. So I changed my password and turned on the 2-step verification, sure enough a few seconds later I got a text in what looked like Russian giving me a security code. My email already has 2 step verification, not sure how they were able to hack my account again in the span of like 5 minutes but the 2 step verification on Origin stopped them at least. 

After that, I turned to customer support to get my Apex Legends account unbanned. Should be pretty simple to figure out my account was compromised if the IP address was flagged for being suspicious anyway. I received a response that they were investigating it, then nothing for a while, and then finally they closed the case saying that cheating was involved so they took the correct action. That's actually pretty frustrating to be permanently banned because someone else hacked the account. I reopened the case asking to escalate it to someone else, there has to be something that someone can do. 

Well, they did. They shut down my entire origin account and I no longer have access to ANYTHING now. There is a link provided asking to contact customer support by phone or chat, but the link doesn't actually reroute to anywhere where those are options. There is a lot of text and the possibility to email customer support, but nothing else from what I can see. I never thought that contacting customer support that is supposed to help with issues would actually make things worse instead. I've trying to maintain composure, but it's hard not to be the angry stampeding customer with stuff like this. What in the world am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 5 (532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@FalteringFate Sorry for the delay, don't log in on the help site and you should have both chat and phone options. You can also reach out to us on Twitter at @EAHelp and we'll be able to set up a call for you. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (475 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager
@FalteringFate Hiya, I took a look into this and it looks like you'll just need to contact an advisor here http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us and everything can be sorted via chat. Standard smile
EACade
Message 2 of 5 (517 Views)

★★ Novice

That brings me back into the same cycle that I posted screenshots for. There is no chat option for me there. 

Message 3 of 5 (497 Views)

Community Manager

@FalteringFate Sorry for the delay, don't log in on the help site and you should have both chat and phone options. You can also reach out to us on Twitter at @EAHelp and we'll be able to set up a call for you. 

EACade
Message 4 of 5 (476 Views)

★★ Novice

While this works, I feel like it's counter intuitive with it being set up so that you need to NOT be logged into the account having the issue to contact customer support this way. Thank you for the help, this did the trick though. 

Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)