Linked Accounts Found (Amazon connection)

by grynn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linked Accounts Found (Amazon connection)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm using a new Amazon account and I'm getting this error when I try to connect it to my EA account.

Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for *** was previously linked to the Amazon account for ***. An EA Account can only be linked to one Amazon account in its lifetime.

Both livechat and EAHelp over Twitter didn't help resolving this. There wasn't any indication that only 1 Amazon account could be connected to my EA account [Removed by CM]

There is really no way to link an EA account to different Amazon account?

Message 1 of 11 (1,945 Views)

Accepted Solution

An EA account can only be linked to one Amazon Prime account in its lifetime

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is this restriction ever gonna be lifted? I don't even have any idea about my old Amazon account I'd linked to my EA account before so I can't even use it again even if I wanted to. I mean I would understand a 1 year restriction but FOREVER is a bit extreme..

Also please don't mention EA Help live chat, Twitter, etc because they won't help. This is just a rant than a support request, as I know no one can help unless some EA higher up decides to change this insane account rule.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,679 Views)

All Replies

Re: Linked Accounts Found (Amazon connection)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @grynn  

It is true you can only link one Amazon account to your EA account in its lifetime, this also applies to Xbox and PlayStation accounts.
There is no way around this I’m afraid.

More info on this can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/link-your-ea-account-to-prime-gaming/#link-amazon-account

Message 2 of 11 (1,926 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @grynn but if our live support team has advised that they cannot assist then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 11 (1,897 Views)

★ Guide

This is not a solution though.

Message 4 of 11 (1,831 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

But why cant you just change the limit, its actually stupid

Message 5 of 11 (1,766 Views)

An EA account can only be linked to one Amazon Prime account in its lifetime

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is this restriction ever gonna be lifted? I don't even have any idea about my old Amazon account I'd linked to my EA account before so I can't even use it again even if I wanted to. I mean I would understand a 1 year restriction but FOREVER is a bit extreme..

Also please don't mention EA Help live chat, Twitter, etc because they won't help. This is just a rant than a support request, as I know no one can help unless some EA higher up decides to change this insane account rule.

Message 6 of 11 (1,680 Views)

Re: An EA account can only be linked to one Amazon Prime account in its lifetime

Community Manager
Hi @grynn,

You already had a thread on this so your post has been merged with it here, please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.
EACade
Message 7 of 11 (1,656 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here the support isn't helping at all rip

Message 8 of 11 (1,404 Views)

★ Guide
@BilliieEilish They can't even see the linked Amazon account info lol (or they just don't care), so you're basically banned from redeeming EA drops on Amazon Prime FOREVER!
Message 9 of 11 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@grynn classic EA
Message 10 of 11 (1,368 Views)