Re: Link Origin game library to Steam

by iBeer88

Original Post

Link Origin game library to Steam

★★★★ Novice

Hallo...

As title says.

With the new influx of EA games on Steam, I'm left to wonder how I can link my two libraries? Surely they cannot expect me to buy the same game again on Steam?

A previous question/thread I read said that you should press play on the game on Steam to access the login or screen to link Origin, but I don't have a play button, just a purchase button.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

HJS

Message 1 of 34 (179,444 Views)

Community Manager

@HennieJ 

You only need to link your accounts the first time you play an EA game on Steam.

1. Sign into Steam.
  2. Launch an EA game from Steam by clicking Play.
  3. Install Origin if you haven’t already.
  4. Origin will launch and ask you to link your Steam account and your EA Account.
  5. Log in to Origin using your EA Account info or create a new EA Account.
  6. Steam will install your game and let you know when it’s ready to play.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam

barry.png
Message 2 of 34 (179,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply.

However, I saw this post and mentioned it in my original post. I cannot press play, because the game is on my Origin Account. I wish to link my two libraries so that what I have on Origin I also have on Steam.

Example, I have battlefield 3 on Origin. With this new 'deal', EA games are available on Steam. Is there a way I can link the ownership of games across the two platforms? Or is EA expecting users to buy the game(s) again?

Message 3 of 34 (179,384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same question / problem. I have almost all games on origin, I don't intend to buy them again on Steam. I just want them to also appear in my steam library. I will not buy again. Besides, the value of games on steam at the moment is much lower than what I paid on Origin.

Message 4 of 34 (179,363 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would also like my game library on Steam to reflect the games I already own through Origin.

Message 5 of 34 (178,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i already own BF4 on origin and have it installed i dont what to repurchase the game just so i can play with my friends on steam. is there a way to link it without making a new purchase. i tried your advice but it did not work

Message 6 of 34 (178,653 Views)

★★ Novice
Hoping @EA_Barry could follow up on this one!
Indeed, we have purchased games on Origin and want to be able to play them through Steam.
Message 7 of 34 (178,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

They've already stated that you can not transfer games from Origin to Steam. (other forum posts have replies from EA reps)

A number of the Steam releases still require Origin anyway. (SWBF2 for example). Steam will show in the description of the item if the 3rd party DRM and Origin Client is needed.

Many games require the Origin client regardless of where you purchase, steam, origin, etc.

Hopefully they will fix this and allow license transfers or remove the Origin-only DRM.

I'm still angry over being a pre-order collector's edition SWBF2 back at launch to watch them give everything for free, and now they want me to pay for it all over again, even on Origin "Anniversary Upgrade" etc...

Thanks for those exclusives back in the day, and thanks for continuing to make me not play it on purpose

(link to another forum thread I read before this one, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/transfer-origin-games-to-steam/td-p/9206352 )

Message 8 of 34 (178,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Google for:

ISSO PRECISA PARAR!!!! Se você tiver jogos da EA no Origin, não compre no Steam!

Watch the video until the end. I have nothing more to say.

Message 9 of 34 (169,728 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

How can i launch EA game from Steam by clicking PLAY if i dont have any EA game on Steam? I have all EA games on Origin

Message 10 of 34 (163,124 Views)