Re: Latest TS4 Update Makes Game Accelerate!

by KingRayVeteran

Original Post

Latest TS4 Update Makes Game Accelerate!

★ Guide

See, this is why Origin is problematic.  This morning's update caused the speed of my game to run out of control ... ultra speed; can't slow it down.  I keep stopping and starting it and it is fine for a second and takes off on its own.  Isn't anybody QA'ing these things properly (rhetorical question)?  NO

Message 1 of 8 (399 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @KingRayVeteran.

Can I ask with which game is it hat you are having issues?

I checked the main games and not seeing any issues such as this being reported so it could be a system issue.

As such, if on PC can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (381 Views)

★ Guide

TS4 = The Sims 4.  It happened right after the update completed.  I know how to create a DxDiag, but I'll have to come back to it later.  Hope I remember.  It just happened this morning, @EA_Darko, so nothing on my "system" has changed, malfunctioned, etc.  Those things happen whenever they feel like it, and God only knows what's in those updates.

Message 3 of 8 (373 Views)

@KingRayVeteran  This is a known issue; here's the master bug thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-randomly-speeds-up/td-p/8533657

Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other information you find relevant.  It would be especially helpful to know whether you received any notifications about a holiday around the time the problem occurred, and whether you had any kids in school or a maid on the lot.  (There seems to be some pattern.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (362 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict, I'm fairly sure there wasn't a holiday when it happened.  Yes, there were people in school and at work, but some home.  There's 6 Sims in this household, and one expecting mama.  I don't know if there was a maid on the lot; it was going so fast and I don't recall what time it was.  I was too busy trying to get it to stop; wasn't paying that close of attention to the details.

I don't have all the game packs, stuff packs, and I haven't gotten University.  I purchased a couple of stuff packs, restarted the game, and that problem seems to have disappeared.  Hopefully, for good!  STRANGE!

Message 5 of 8 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict, kudos for nailing it about the maid.  It's happening again, so I fired her.  It was 10:30am and the gardener had just left.  She showed up and ZOOM!  She was mad that I fired her and stomped off.  I let a day go by, rehired another one, and when she showed up on the lot, my game went haywire again.  Will they ever fix this?  I supposed EA needs to handle a long-standing bug!  I sure don't feel like figuring out how to send a bug report to them.  Since they're still releasing Expansions and perhaps other things for TS4, they could slip the fix into one of Origin's updates.  Sigh

Oh, and I did click the Me Too for the original complaint about this.  Forgot what date it was, but I'm guessing 2016 or prior ... just a wild guess without looking.

Message 6 of 8 (328 Views)

@KingRayVeteran  I didn't nail it, I just passed along a guess one of the SimGurus posted.  I take that to mean that the devs are actively looking into the issue.  If they figure out the issue, it might even get fixed in the next patch, although I never believe it until I see it.

Hopefully the issue won't come back for you, but if it does, that bug thread is a good place to look for workarounds.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 8 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictYou got me to look and see when it popped up again, so for that, I still high-five you! Also pointing me to that other thread that's going crazy with this, so I had to turn off the replies; too many emails. They do need to fix this A.S.A.P. or people won't be able to use the maid (and perhaps the gardener or any other service they call that stays a while). There are other bugs that the patch caused, including not going into ultra-speed when everybody has left the house.

Goodness, how could they make such a boneheaded mistake and not catch it? I know how! I used to get paid a little to hammer on software and try to break it BEFORE the final release got unleashed onto the world. Those days are ovah, because no company does this anymore and releases things on-the-fly without proper QA. Yeah, I was a software engineer and savvy user all around. I'm having to waste a lot of time with various tech supports around the country, who usually pay foreigners on the front-line that don't know much. Not their fault; these companies are cutting corners by NOT having to train them as much as they do folks in this country.

Message 8 of 8 (294 Views)