Just..so many issues with Sims 4

by MamaBoat1520

Original Post

Just..so many issues with Sims 4

★ Novice

So, since the update on 9/3, my game crashes two minutes into game play every single time. I deleted my mods, didn't work. Deleted my CC, didn't work. Tried repairing my game, still nothing. So then I uninstalled Sims. I redownloaded it, and then I couldn't download my two expansion packs! 
So I wiped my Sims 4 file clean (I couldn't delete it for some reason), and uninstalled and reinstalled the game AGAIN. Sims 4 folder is still blank, still getting the same error message 

"Origin was denied access to the following file or folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer\DLC\GP08\__Installer\installerdata.xml_DiP_STAGED.

This may be due to security restrictions or disk corruption. Check the folder permissions or check your disk for errors before retrying the download.

Help us improve Origin by submitting an error report."

I of course submitted an error report. But nothing has come of it yet. I'm so upset. I've already lost so much and I can't imagine flushing the money I've spent on Sims down the drain if I can't play it anymore. 

If anyone has any ideas, I would be so appreciative. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (490 Views)

Re: Just..so many issues with Sims 4

[ Edited ]

@MamaBoat1520  Please clear Origin's cache, then uninstall it "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer, open Origin, right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your game library, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, delete the GP08 folder inside ...Origin Games\The Sims 4, clear Origin's cache again, restart, and then repair.  See whether you can download the missing game pack (Realm of Magic) after that.  If you get any new errors, please post a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (485 Views)