Re: Issues after ending EA Play

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issues after ending EA Play

★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently ended the EA Play but some of my games outside of EA Play are now not working after ending the subcription. Any know reason for this? They worked fine before, then got EA Play, and then ended it. Now trying to join games I already owned outside of it and its not working. Any thoughts? 

Message 1 of 8 (666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @eXcel615 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (645 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @eXcel615 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

Still does not work after contacting support 2x times. It is definitely related to EA subscription. 

Message 3 of 8 (580 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @eXcel615 what did our support say when you spoke with them?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (565 Views)

★★ Novice

First, he said I didn't own them, and had to tell them before EA Play sub everything worked fine. During EA Play sub, everything worked fine. After EA Play nothing works for the games I purchased outside EA Play. Basically then told me that my graphics card was the issue. So I downloaded all the drivers again and still doesn't work. 

There were games on Origin that I had installed during EA Play, those are now grayed out and say "Your EA Play Membership has expired". That is fine, I didn't purchase those outside of EA Play and it makes sense. I can see those games grayed out. However, the games I own outside EA play are clickable and loadable, as I purchased them. However, trying to load the game up it all has a black screen with a loading icon and does nothing. This is for all games.. Definitely has something to do with the subscription ending and something trying to be tied to it. Again, these games are not grayed out with the message. I am at a loss of what to do with this and its becoming frustrating. 

Advisor mentioned for me to try EA Play again and see if it works. Are you kidding me? The whole reason why I ended it was because I didn't want it anymore. 

Any other thoughts...? 

Message 5 of 8 (551 Views)

Community Manager

Is the issue only with one game @eXcel615 or all owner games?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (534 Views)

★★ Novice

Battlefield V, 4, 3, and Battlefront 2. Battlefront 2 I got for free from EPIC game store during their free event, so not clue why its not working now. As mentioned before I got EA Play, all games were working before, and then when I purchased EA Play they worked. When I ended the subscription is when the issues of not starting started. Here shows that I am able to click the games and launch it but after launching is just a black screen with a loading icon. You can see that one game from EA Play says I can't play it because EA Play was expired, so I am not sure what is going on. 

Message 7 of 8 (520 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @eXcel615 the best thing to do is to speak with our live support team again and explain the situation to them.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (518 Views)