Issue with unknown and unaccessible email linked to my gamertag

by Raszamatasz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue with unknown and unaccessible email linked to my gamertag

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi all, bear with me a bit, because this is a little complicated. Sufficiently so that support has asked me not to contact them any more about it, because they can't help me with it, and the accounts recovery team either can't or refuse to. (I'm not sure which, because they just send me the same copy and paste email every time I try.) 

Basically, many many many moons ago, using an old MSN email no one in my family has logged into or access to (read: no one knows the password to this email, and in the switch from MSN into outlook it probably doesn't exist any more)an ea account was made, probably by my brother, though we aren't 100% sure. Fast forward to early 2010, and this ea account gets linked to my gamertag. I have no idea how (again, probably my brother playing Fifa). I only know what email it uses because when I log into ea help, I have the option to log in using my gamertag, which in turn then will display the email for the ea account if I try to like, change the password. 

Now, the problem here is that I can get into that ea account using my gamertag for the help website, but I can't get into that same account on many of the other ea websites, including the dragon age keep, which is how I originally discovered this issue, here in july of 2019. So, to be clear, I have an EA account that is mine (This one, Raszamatasz) and also a gamertag (also Raszamatasz). The issue is that my gamertag is NOT linked to my ea account, its linked to a different one. I don't know what information was used to create the ea account my gamertag is linked to. Not the birthday, or the email, or what all games it has played, or anything else. So when I try to fill out the accounts recovery form, I'm given the same canned response (See below):

We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up.

If you can get access to your email or share more info, let us know by filling out a new form at help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience. We know not having access to an account is frustrating. We’re extra cautious because we want all player info to be as safe as possible. Thanks for sticking with us.

I've been given this exact response three times now, and there is literally no further information I can give them. The email that this old ea account was set up with is 100% inaccessible to me, and was created well over a decade ago. But I can't use the dragon age keep, or any other features of modern day ea accounts, because my gamertag is linked to this old, outdated account. One of the techs suggested I post here to see if anyone here could provide some advice, or maybe someone at ea with the actual capacity to help me get this fixed or something would see it, I dunno. But Ive been trying for almost a month now to get this resolved, and the official line seems very much to be "there's nothing we can do, sorry get over it" which is infuriating given how I've clearly been buying and playing ea games for a VERY long time.

So anyway, sorry to get a little rant-y there, I'm a little frustrated, but if any of yall have any suggestions, I'd be super happy! 

Thanks!
—Raszamatasz

Edit: THis might be the wrong board! If so, could you please direct me to the correct one? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue with unknown and unaccessible email linked to my gamertag

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Raszamatasz.

If our account recovery team have advised you that there is nothing more that they can do then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

If you are unable to verify account ownership then our team will be unable to update your account or allow you access to it.

The best thing you can do is see if it is possible to retrieve the email address associated with the account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (765 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Raszamatasz.

If our account recovery team have advised you that there is nothing more that they can do then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

If you are unable to verify account ownership then our team will be unable to update your account or allow you access to it.

The best thing you can do is see if it is possible to retrieve the email address associated with the account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (766 Views)

★ Novice

I can assure you that I've tried everything possible to retrieve the email address, it either no longer exists at all, or else is totally inaccessible to me or anyone else, since no one knows the password, and that account was so old it didn't even have options for recovery questions or a recovery email address. Unfortunately, getting into that email simply isn't an option, if it were I would have done so sometime in the past month. 

Which leaves me in a bit of a conundrum. I just don't have any other way forward, short of making a totally new, separate gamertag to link to my ea account. But thats not something Im going to do, because I'm not going to pay 60/year in a separate gamertag just to play ea games with some of their online features. Likewise, I'm unwilling to accept that the money I spent on Dragon Age Inquisition is a sunk cost, or to play the default (everyone who could be is dead) gamestate after I played through the first two. I'm only here at all because one of the techs I spoke with told me that I might have some success by posting here.

So my question then is, what am I supposed to do?

Thanks,

—Raszamatasz

Message 3 of 8 (760 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Raszamatasz as I stated above, if you are unable to provide the information required to verify that you are the account holder then I am sorry to say but there is nothing more that can be done. If you have any questions relating to the issue and what is needed then you need to direct them to the account recovery team. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (745 Views)

★ Novice

Is there anyway at all to contact the recovery team beyond the account recovery form? I feel like I'm in this weird edge case where I'm slipping between the cracks of policy, but anyone who looks holistically at the information I can provide will see that I really am the owner of the gamertag, and the account linked to it, though I dont have access to that account. But theres no good way to communicate that on a form. If I could email or call someone on the accounts team directly I feel like this could get resolved, but if all they ever see or hear about it is the form, theres no good way to do that. 

So how can I contact the accounts team beyond the accounts recovery form?

Thanks for all your help!

-Raszamatasz

Message 5 of 8 (740 Views)

Community Manager

The only way to speak with the team is through the account recovery form @Raszamatasz.

The best thing to do is see about reclaiming the email address associated with your account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (729 Views)

★ Novice

To the very best of my knowledge, that email account doesnt even exist any more, since MSN emails arent really a thing anymore since Microsoft bought them out. I've tried to recover it, but was unable to, so theres really no way for that email to be accessed anymore. 

I guess I'll just keep submitting the form until someone takes it seriously. Eventually someone will have to be able to figure something out, right?

Thanks for the advice Darko, I'm sure someone can fix it eventually.

Best,

-Raszamatasz

Message 7 of 8 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Im having the same exact issue and can't  play the new madden 

Message 8 of 8 (671 Views)