Re: Is there a way to get the unlink account time restriction removed?

by DONTFCARENOMO

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @rickyboy20031 once you unlink your account you will lose all items and progress associated with that Gamertag.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 11 of 31 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well then i just lost all the progress i Made in 6 years i am pised wat a stupide system

Message 12 of 31 (1,980 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @rickyboy20031 when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

When unlinking your accounts it is called out the you will loss all progress: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

WHAT ARE THE RISKS?

When you unlink a platform account from your EA Account, you can link it to another EA Account, but your in-game progress will not transfer over.

That means you’ll permanently lose access to all of the following:

• games and game progress
  • DLC, expansions, and anything extra you have for your game
  • memberships and subscriptions
  • in-game purchases

If you unlink your platform account and link it back to the original EA Account it was linked to, you’ll get back all of your stuff.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 31 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes i am sorry i know its my falt im just sad

Message 14 of 31 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But what do they mean with this than?

If you unlink your platform account and link it back to the original EA Account it was linked to, you’ll get back all of your stuff

Message 15 of 31 (1,975 Views)

Community Manager

You can direct any questions related to an account to our live support team @rickyboy20031.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 31 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already did that but no reaction yet so that is wy i did it this way

Message 17 of 31 (1,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, it's best just to unlink my life from EA. Thanks for the "help"

Message 18 of 31 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"polite" and "constructive" manner you say? This is a terrible system that makes no sense, I linked the wrong Xbox account to my EA membership, and now how to wait till next year, what * came up with the idea of "deleting data" once you unlink, that's the worst anti-consumer * thing that I've heard. What happens in a situation in which you accidentally link the wrong account or some person's lil bro unlinks their * on accident. What does E * A do in those types of situations, what does one of the biggest gaming publishers, a multi-billion-dollar company do in those types of situations, Do you just tell the person who has YEARS of content on that account that was accidentally linked to * off, or do you assistance them, because in that case, you guys can * off I won't be buying jack * with this rediculous anti-consumer pathetic attempt to cut corners and squeeze a little more profit by not having to invest in data storage to store the data of the accounts of the millions of fans that play and have been playing EA games for years. 

Message 19 of 31 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xMINIONonFIREx LMAO im in the same boat bro, this is the most ratarded policy that ive heard of, ill now be pirating all future EA games and cancelling my EA membership since I cant even use it on the right xbox account
Message 20 of 31 (1,874 Views)