Is it normal for the help desk to not respond to inquiries?

by pcrnroo3

Original Post

Is it normal for the help desk to not respond to inquiries?

★★★★ Apprentice

I have been exchanging emails with the help desk for about three and a half months.

My account was banned even though I wasn't cheating.
I contacted the help desk, but they are having a hard time answering this question.

I told the help desk that I didn't cheat.
The help desk also initially asked the following questions: "Did you buy a hack or cheat account?" The help desk stopped talking about hacking as we went through the details.
Instead, the help desk has come to say that we can't unlock the BAN because you played "unfairly".

I don't cheat. Please let me know if there is a reason equivalent to BAN in the category of normal play.
Even if I recreate a new account, it would be too sad if I was banned for an act not stated in the terms.

By the way, I was exchanging items and playing cooperatively with my family. Was co-op play a violation? I asked the help desk. There was no answer.

I don't get a reply.
Is it common?
Message 1 of 7 (644 Views)

Re: Is it normal for the help desk to not respond to inquiries?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello there @pcrnroo3 ,

You are doing the right thing by contacting the ToS. They are the only ones who can handle Bans or Sanctions on your account.

Regarding Response Times:

Terms of Service wrote:
"We review each form we get on a case-by-case basis.
While we try as hard as we can to reply within five business days, we’re human.
Sometimes we’ll need longer to do it right."

The only thing you can do is wait for a reply back.

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-xRarely

Message 2 of 7 (636 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thank you for your reply.
My expression is bad and it doesn't seem to tell you what I want to say.

The help desk sent me a reply email to my inquiry email. However, the help desk does not answer my question and tries to close the query.

My question is:
Please tell me specifically why I was banned even though I didn't cheat.
The help desk says the reason for BAN is not cheat.

Is the help desk's response that hinders future play normal in this way?
Message 3 of 7 (606 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban or sanction @pcrnroo3.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DarkoThank you for your reply.
Once again I forgot to give the information. sorry.

The game I was playing was xxxx.The game name is secret (because harassment by hostile forces is terrible).
The help desk for this game is outsourced to ZEDENSK by EA.
If I contact the help desk through the in-game help, I'll contact ZEDENSK. I have already made many inquiries within that ZENDESK. However, ZENDESK didn't answer the question properly.
Then, when I contacted the help desk of the EA main unit, I was told as follows.
EA has outsourced the help desk for simcity buildit to ZENDESK. So please contact ZENDESK.
However, I've been interacting with ZENDESK many times.

Is it normal for ZENDESK not to answer the question?
If I email from the email form you gave me, will another department listen to me about BAN?

Message 5 of 7 (572 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @pcrnroo3 there is nothing more that I can do to assist on AHQ.

For any ban you need to speak with our TOS team, if your game is not supported by EA support and you spoke with the correct support in relation to this who advised you that the appeal will not be upheld then I'm sorry to say that there is nothing more that we can do on AHQ to assist you. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (552 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Thank you for your reply!

The outsourcer is responsible for overseeing the outsourcer.
So I think the EA is responsible for overseeing whether ZENDESK is working properly.
If it's not normal for ZENDESK to not answer inquiries from paying players, shouldn't the EA teach ZENDESK as a consignor?
If it's normal not to answer player inquiries, that's a different story.

First of all, I will appeal to the TOS team for a follow-up.
Message 7 of 7 (537 Views)