Invalid license

by VicLee19

Original Post

Invalid license

★ Novice

I installed my Sims 4 base game last July. I opened it recently and it showed an error stating that I have an invalid license. The reason code was a missing msvcp120.dll. I tried to update my windows software and visual c++ but the problem persisted. How do I solve this?

Message 1 of 11 (974 Views)

Re: Invalid license

Community Manager

Hey @VicLee19 can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:
• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
• vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (940 Views)

★ Novice

I installed both files. It did not solve the issue  Frown 

Message 3 of 11 (921 Views)

★ Novice

I think I installed all possible VC++ already. Attached a screenshot all the VC++ in my computer

Message 4 of 11 (917 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @VicLee19 it's worth trying a clean install of the VC++ drivers to see if that helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (911 Views)

★ Novice

I tried to uninstall and install all the drivers again but to no avail,  I still cannot open my Sims 4 Frown I

Message 6 of 11 (900 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @VicLee19 I would recommend a clean boot of your system and then reinstall the VC++ files: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (889 Views)

★ Novice

I already ran a clean boot but it made no difference

Message 8 of 11 (817 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @VicLee19 in that case I would recommend a clean install of Origin, ensuring that you install it as Administrator.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (791 Views)

★ Novice

hi, I have same problem with Battlefield 4. I tried everythink listed here but error still occures. Every other game (BF3, BF5, many others)  works fine only BF4 is not working. Do you have any advices?

Message 10 of 11 (568 Views)