Installing Origin won't work

by lightg2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installing Origin won't work

★★ Novice

I had uninstalled Origin on my computer and am now attempting to reinstall it. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times because it won't install properly. It normally quits in the middle of the installation. The origin desktop icon appears on my desktop but when I click it, nothing happens. I have sent an error report through origin error reporter but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Message 1 of 5 (353 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installing Origin won't work

★★ Novice

I did all of the steps you listed and reinstalled Origin and no luck. But then, I cleared the cache after Origin had installed and it's running now! Thank you!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (281 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @lightg2

Could you make sure that you removed Origin completely by clearing Origin cache (some files might have been left during regular un-installation). I also recommend to clear registry files with CCleaner before attempting next installation. Additionally, run Origin as admin and close down any background applications that might interfere with it.

Let me know if anything helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (290 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all of the steps you listed and reinstalled Origin and no luck. But then, I cleared the cache after Origin had installed and it's running now! Thank you!

Message 3 of 5 (282 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That's great to hear @lightg2 Standard smile

Thanks for coming back and confirming what worked for you.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (270 Views)

★★ Novice
had same problem but after clearing Origin cache works now. thank you
Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)