Instalation file of OriginThinSetup does not launch ever

by KarolPavelka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Instalation file of OriginThinSetup does not launch ever

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, 

Pretty much new to this community. Nice to meet you everyone Standard smile

Please excuse my english grammar in first place.

So I purchased BF V. Build a new computer aswell.

I downloaded the Instalation file of Origin, but it does not launch.

I went through a lot of topics with those kind of problems and many of them tried aswell like: run the app through the administrator,turning off antivirus, turning off firewalls, deleting cache,I change setting on my User acc, downloaded all kinds of microsoft softwares such as Visual C++ and etc., Netframe work aswell, then I even reinstalled my Windows, I tried Win 10 home, Win 10 pro, Windows 8, nothin worked Frown

Then I tried to install older versions of origin, It worked and then it wants to get updated every time when I turn that on and then at the end of Update process the origin program dissappers from screen and it does not update and stay same old version as before. This is endless cycle Frown

I feel really sad at this point cause I tried so many things to get this thing to work but none of them helped. Hopeless

Please guys if u have anything I can try let me know.

Thank you so much 

Message 1 of 15 (851 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Instalation file of OriginThinSetup does not launch ever

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello @yahel_1,

Sorry for late response in first place

So after many unsuccesfull tries  to run Origin instalation file, I decided to solve this through the hard way. Change every component in my Pc box to try if it might be problem there in any of those.

We knew that there was problem in operation system, so went to try swap my new motherboard for the old one. Installed my wins and First thing I did on the fresh system was that I downloaded Origin and I ran  the intslation file and It actually WORKED so I was succesfull to Install my Origin first time on my PC. Then I swapped again my motherboard to see if the origin will run and it did actually. I was able to download a BF V and yesterday was first day that I was enjoying it. Standard smile

In the end I guess there was problem with my motherboard causin this issue, but only when I tried to run an instalation file of Origin, not in runnin Origin that has been already installed.

Gonna see for next few months if there any other different issues like those, if so then I will probably go to claim it as a dysfunctional product.

Anyway thank you so much for your help @yahel_1 I appreciatte it

And once again excuse my English please.

Take care a see you around Standard smile GL and HF

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (731 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Update info : I have spoken with EA support on online chat, went through everything that he said me to do so. Nothing helped to solve this.

He said that Case will be sent to the tier 2. 

So now I have to wait for Tier 2 people to solve this.

Message 2 of 15 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @KarolPavelka

If you want to try to solve your problem post your DxDiag here and let's see what we can do: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 15 (786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello @yahel_1 ,

First of all thank you for responding.

I have already attached it in my case #45023025 when I was talking with one of your people from support team.  They came up with the sollution that did not change anything unfortunatelly.

I will attach it here just in case it might be helpful.

Thank you

Message 4 of 15 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ok @KarolPavelka let's begin Standard smile

According to dxdiag you have problems with both LOL and Escape from Tarkov and  Origin so I believe (I am convinced Fingers crossed) that you have problems with the search engine, in your case being Google Chrome.

1.In case you're using an antivirus or firewall software, ensure Chrome is trusted or permitted by these programs. You can also try temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall to check whether this determines the issue.

2.Reset your browser settings and maybe your profile account might have been corrupted. Try creating a new browser user profile and check if that makes a difference.

Restart your machine and try.

EDIT; if your issue persists @KarolPavelka try to change the default engine in windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028574/microsoft-edge-change-the-default-search-engine

I wait your feedback mate.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 15 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @yahel_1,

Sorry for late response.

Tried to resolve it by changing my search engine, nothing changed.

1.This sollution I tried already, but tried now aswell still the same results unfortunatelly Frown

2.Did it, but same old story Frown

In the end last two days I was  trying literally everything that I could possibly do.

Dxdiag give me errors about ucrtbase.dll - so I did every sollution that could repair it,(went through a lot of topics about this exact error) But guess what was the outcome Frown

PS. Everything else in the computer is working perfectly fine, I even assumed that it might have been problem with my SSD so I reinstalled windows on my HDD to check if the SSD is broken, but it was not. So like I am saying at this point I ran out of ideas, guess the only thing I can do is to wait for closest patch of origin which might solve this. will be waiting

Thank you so much anyways

Message 6 of 15 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ok @KarolPavelka

Make sure Time/Date is correctly set in your machine .

Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145 

Restart your machine and check.

NOTE if your issue persists go in SAFE MODE with Networking  and try download/ install Origin https://www.origin.com/en-ie/download

I wait your feedback.

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 15 (657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @yahel_1

Time and Date is correctly set Standard smile

Already tried that one out at the begining with that studio Frown

Yes I tried safe mode aswell, did not resolve neither. Frown

Sorry but like I said I dont think there any options left at this point.

Thank you 

Message 8 of 15 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Do I understand that, even in Safe Mode...have you failed to download and install Origin or/and  to launch/work Origin @KarolPavelka?

Retired champion.
Message 9 of 15 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Actually I was always able to download it, but was not able to launch the instalation so I never ever had My origin installed, even through safe mode @yahel_1

Message 10 of 15 (636 Views)