Re: Ingame overlay not working the witcher 3

by thebossfez4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ingame overlay not working the witcher 3

★★★★★ Novice

hey, i've just got the witcher 3 goty from origin and the game is actually working fine but origin in game overlay not working at all it's working on other games but not the witcher i've tried updating the game and it loses progress every time then i cancel update and the game works with no overlay again now what should i do in that case 

thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (959 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

This post helped me and I confirmed Client 10.5.41 origin overlay works, and if I upgrade to 10.5.45 (auto update) it breaks origin overlay. https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/crd2tf/login_unavailable_another_fix_that_doesnt_involve/

Note to prevent the auto-update I had to set origin not to start up with windows and to start origin using a short-cut with the /noUpdate at the end. ie.Origin.exe /noUpdate

1. install 10.5.41 client. with these options uncheck start with windows, uncheck auto update origin client and game updates.

2. close the login prompt.

3. edit the origin desktop shortcut.

4. run the origin desktop shortcut.

5.login to the client and check the Help->About to make sure you are still using 10.5.41.27263-0

6. play your games, overlay should be working.

7. you will need to start origin from shortcut every reboot so until they have a fixed origin client I would just use this for now.

8. enjoy.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (864 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a similar problem, except with Titanfall 2. The in-game overlay just won't pop up, despite the fact that it is ticked in the app settings and in the game's settings. I already tried reinstalling Origin and some other fixes, but the in-game overlay just won't show up. On the other hand, it is working perfectly in other games. 

Message 2 of 7 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@CapDrew that's exactly what i am having here reinstalling origin and clearing its cach doesn't resolve the issue
Message 3 of 7 (922 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, that is exactly the same issue. And, from what I've read on the forums, several other people have it as well. Could someone from EA please intervene and tell us how we could fix this? Or if work is underway for a general update to Origin that would solve this bug?

Message 4 of 7 (873 Views)

★★★ Novice

This post helped me and I confirmed Client 10.5.41 origin overlay works, and if I upgrade to 10.5.45 (auto update) it breaks origin overlay. https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/crd2tf/login_unavailable_another_fix_that_doesnt_involve/

Note to prevent the auto-update I had to set origin not to start up with windows and to start origin using a short-cut with the /noUpdate at the end. ie.Origin.exe /noUpdate

1. install 10.5.41 client. with these options uncheck start with windows, uncheck auto update origin client and game updates.

2. close the login prompt.

3. edit the origin desktop shortcut.

4. run the origin desktop shortcut.

5.login to the client and check the Help->About to make sure you are still using 10.5.41.27263-0

6. play your games, overlay should be working.

7. you will need to start origin from shortcut every reboot so until they have a fixed origin client I would just use this for now.

8. enjoy.

Message 5 of 7 (865 Views)

★★★ Novice

Overlay seems to work again in Version 10.5.46 !!! Try the auto-update again and see if it works for you.

Message 6 of 7 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@goodspawn yeah it does work fine now thank u Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (738 Views)