Ineffective phone/live support instructions

by Tomsouthall1

Original Post

Ineffective phone/live support instructions

★★ Novice

Hi,

After dealing with your support functionality for a day I am already very frustrated.

I have recently purchased FIFA 20 for Xbox One and was excited to start playing online.

However - after trying to sign in to the EA servers on the game, I am being FORCED to sign into an ea account which uses an email that is EXPIRED and no longer exists. I don't have the password and cannot access the email to recover it.

This begs the question: WHY would you not let users sign in with a different EA account? This is wasting your support staff resource as now I must raise a ticket.

I have sent off an email to raise a case and was responded to fairly quickly by Amit. 

Unfortunately the instructions provided by Amit to access phone chat are incorrect and do not work, along with the live chat access instructions which are also incorrect and misleading - neither set of instructions were helpful.

I am now sending another ticket and must wait another 72 hours - brilliant. All because you won't allow me to change the email address?

This is illogical and wasteful of customer's and staff time.

Please, for the sake of gamers and your staff everywhere - will you review this process?

Kind regards,

A disappointed customer.

Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: Ineffective phone/live support instructions

Community Manager

Hey @Tomsouthall1 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)