Incorrect store preference location

by witchiris

Original Post

Incorrect store preference location

★★ Novice

I live in the United States but my Origin says my store preference is the United Kingdom.

I also keep getting a pop up telling my to change my store preference to one of the countries in Europe.

I check my account on EA.com and it says my regional location is the United States.

I know I purchased some game codes through a retailer online in the past but most of my purchases have been in the United States.

So why is the store preference wrong and why do I keep getting this pop up telling me to choose a country in Europe every time I'm online with Origin?

Message 1 of 4 (1,890 Views)

Re: Incorrect store preference location

★★ Novice
I just uninstalled and reinstalled origin from a previous download of Origin I had. And it seems to be back how it should be.

Which is a good thing I had that download saved as the Origin site does not seem to be working right now.
Message 2 of 4 (1,877 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @witchiris.

If your settings reflect your location but you are still seeing a popup asking you to select another country then this could be the result of using a VPN or an issue with your IP. Can you check to see if your UP is showing you as being in the correct geographical location?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 4 (1,875 Views)

★★ Novice

I do have a VPN, but it is always off when I am on Origin. And the VPN location is still always set for here in the United States. And I assume the store location preference is correct as it's showing US dollars.

Message 4 of 4 (1,865 Views)