Re: Incomplete uninstall?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Incomplete uninstall?

★ Apprentice

It was suggested to me on a phone call to Origin help to use Revo uninstall to completely remove Origin from my computer, however during the process, the uninstall froze and did not fully complete the process, and I had to restart my computer to get it going again.

Revo has uninstalled Origin however I am wondering whether some parts of it has been left behind in the registry as this solution did not resolve my problem, I am still unable to reinstall and run Origin.

Message 1 of 5 (334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Can you try reinstalling Origin following the steps below:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (278 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

When I first started having a problem with Origin following the recent update, I uninstalled it manually and was then unable to install it again. Eventually after following many different suggestions which haven't helped, I downloaded an old version of Origin from the internet and that DID install and updated to the new version but it still wouldn't launch.

When I try to play my game (Sims 4) from the desktop icon it wont run, but is showing as running in Task Manager along with 6 Instances of EA activation UI.

Message 2 of 5 (320 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @PinkTweedy

Could you try the following steps to see if they help with your issue:

1. Find the "Electronic Arts" folder inside "Documents".
  2. Right click on it and choose "Properties".
  3. In the new window, select the "Sharing", and a few lines below, press the "Sharing..." button.
  4. It will open a new window. There's a drop-down list. Choose "Everyone" and then Add.
  5. Everyone will be added to the list below. Choose "Read/write" in the permission level for everyone.
  6. Save the changes.
  7. Open Origin, log in, and try to launch your game again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (298 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank  you for trying to help. Unfortunately this did not solve my problem. I currently don't have Origin installed on my computer and can only do so by downloading an old version and updating it, which will still not run. I have another user account which I set up during the course of my investigations but that won't install Origin either.

I have carried out your walkthrough instructions, but still can't open my game via the icon. It did at one time say that I would need an app to open that link but now it doesn't even do that.

Message 4 of 5 (282 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try reinstalling Origin following the steps below:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (279 Views)