Impossible to download

by CherryBlond83

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Impossible to download

★★★ Novice

Hi,
i have a huge problem. I can't download two expansion packs for The Sims 4 since Jan. The payment is ok. 
The download starts, goes up for a few % then starts to drop, and stops at 0h0m0s forever.

I followed all the guides, no antivirus, no firewall, no proxies, deactivated the services, empty the cache. Uninstalled and re-installed Origin.
The connection is fine and it works great with other downloads from other platforms.
The game works, the gallery is fine and connected. 
I downloaded the recent update clicking on and off on the pause till was completed. but I can't do it with two expansions... O.O

Origin doesn't give me any errors or notifications.

I'm Italian and on the Italian forum didn't help much. 

thank you, i hope you could help me

Message 1 of 10 (773 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Impossible to download

Community Manager

Hey @CherryBlond83, can you ensure that you are running Origin as administrator and that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (738 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CherryBlond83, can you ensure that you are running Origin as administrator and that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a solution to this problem? I see in many threads that You suggest to open the firewall ports but it doesn't help. I added the port exceptions and even the application exception but nothing changes: after a couple of minutes the download stops.
I tried to use the older versione (10.5.41) of the client but I have to restart it once to start the download and then I am forced to update.

Message 3 of 10 (654 Views)

★★ Novice
@waterangel85 Adding some info:
- I checked router configuration (no firewall, no proxy)
- I tried changing the target download folder between standard c:\ destination to d:\ with no result
- I have confirmed that no other game client has the same problem (Epic and Steam download without issue)
- I have tried allowing the Beta client but nothing changed
Message 4 of 10 (640 Views)

Community Manager

Do you have a DxDiag @waterangel85 that you can share: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

DxDiag attached
The entire computer is quite new by the way
I launched Origin and Epic clients this morning to download a game each: Epic game completed while Origin's one is struck at 15%.. and it started from 14%..

Message 6 of 10 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just to let You know I found a solution (a workaround to be more precise): I downloaded a free vpn client and connected from USA or Russia: in both cases the download was stable and without any issue.
It seems that the problem isn't with the client application but with the EU servers (I connect from Italy).
I hope this helps to solve this issue because I have found A LOT of people with the same problem from 2016 to now.

Message 7 of 10 (557 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @waterangel85 if using a VPN fixed it he issue the this means that the issue is related to either your network or ISP.

The best thing to do is to go through the basic troubleshooting steps for your router.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (533 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko the clients of all other competitors work perfectly using the same connection so I humbly disagree.
My router has no filter nor firewall active so if the problem really is on my side is between my ISP and your servers and I have no view nor control there.
Message 9 of 10 (521 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @waterangel85 I would recommend speaking with your ISP who will be able to troubleshoot this with you.

That using a VPN fixes the issue proves that the issue is with either your network or your ISP.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (519 Views)