Re: Impossible: Purchase OR Renew BF1 Server.

by Premox8765

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 , It's been 33.5 hours so far.

I get that your role is community, but it's almost 2 weeks since my server is up for renewal, and the issue existed prior. Why has our server not been manually renewed while they sort it out? I'm certain it'd take minutes.

As PEACEnz said, he is running the only remaining Oceanic BF1 server. Between he and I, we represent the majority of the Oceanic BF1 community.

The community questions us about this daily. You do have a reputation to lose, with a lot of people. I believe this issue is taken far too lightly. Why is EA unwilling to spend minutes of their time manually renewing a server, at the expense of hundreds of players disrupted for weeks?

You are the community manager, these are the community's concerns. Perhaps you could work for our advantage by pushing them on this minor thing, and in return the community could be grateful instead of disappointed?

We don't really care about the underlying issue and its resolving; take all the time you need. We do care about the symptoms, which EA can resolve on a whim.
Message 21 of 36 (697 Views)

★ Novice

Oceanic players would most appreciate you expediting the process to renew the ACE server and putting in place measures to ensure delays are not repeated in the future.

Message 22 of 36 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

They are lying there is nothing you can do to recover your server

They know about the problem and what they are not telling you is that you will have to create a new server and lose all your favourites. This has happened before, it is a known problem and sorry to say you will lose your favourites sorry for the bad news....

Message 23 of 36 (630 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey folks,

This is ongoing, but we're still on it. Thanks for sticking with us.

Message 24 of 36 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 

Your response provides no clarity nor eta around this issue which has gone on way longer than any upstanding business would accept or even allow.  To be honest, the updates you are providing don't even feel like you are taking the issue seriously.   How does a multi-million dollar corporation like EA lose the ability to accept incoming revenue from its clients?  Your failure to provide any updates here is only hurting your brand and your reputation.  Please provide some legitimate information here rather than the rubbish "We are still on it" that you continue to provide.  As others have asked, why can't you provide a workaround?  The people who purchase your servers/services should not be punished for your failure to resolve this issue promptly. 

Message 25 of 36 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Quit being self-destructive and solve this please!

Message 26 of 36 (531 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 I notice you ignored my suggestion. You shouldn't have, it was a purposeful message.

This response gives no confidence; is this the extent of EA's care? We are humans, and you are not an automated response system; at the least, could you take a moment to think about your response?
Message 27 of 36 (506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can you give us an update on the progress for the fix or what's been identified as the problem and the possible solution or a timeframe for it to be fixed? It's been 2 days since the last 'update' that gave us any meaningful information. It's getting quite obnoxious having my game crash every time theres a 10 que on the only admined server in the OCE region and it's really turning me off playing the game and supporting any future server renewal costs.

Message 28 of 36 (495 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GarbageTakeOut

How is this going to hurt their brand or reputation any more? It is well known they don't care about their clients. Their reputation is already in the trash, just like Bethesda's. Problems like this and their inability to present a reasonable response highlights how close the two gaming companies are to each other.
Message 29 of 36 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice

We are running out of servers, I have no DLC so the only remaining servers aren't very good to me, please actually try to fix the problem... or should I say disable? it appears to load and just get to loaded, and get blocked or something and go to a whitescreen if you try to rent/renew a server... if this continues you will lost support from us, which is our money mainly with how your company is concerned, and not just the trickle from BF1 server renting, but in whole, buying new games and things in them, we will be very disheartened from it... please, you used to be such great game developers, now you're just money hungry, and don't care about the players any near as much

Message 30 of 36 (465 Views)