ID contains prohibited word or character

by OptimusTTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ID contains prohibited word or character

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ID contains a prohibited word or character. Customer support still has yet to fix the issue within 2 years. Was sent a link to come here and post the "bug" yet again.
TitanOptimus is the ID im trying to create. Here is the response from customer support. 

Im trying to make my username and it says it is prohibited
Its TitanOptimus
9:10 PM
Ive used it on every game platform as my user name
Oh okay. LEt me discuss your case with my team. Please allow me few moments.
9:11 PM
Thanks for the patience. looks like a bug. I have reported the issue. Our team will solve the issue till then please use any other name.
Hemant
9:15 PM
I had to make another name, already and i reported this issue over a year ago..
Well..as of now. Wait is the only option.
Hemant
9:16 PM

Message 1 of 8 (756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ID contains prohibited word or character

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @OptimusTTV if the username you want to use is not being accepted then you will need to choose another one.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the name.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (729 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @OptimusTTV if the username you want to use is not being accepted then you will need to choose another one.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the name.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (730 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Can you tell me why the “Titan” portion of my name “TitanOptimus” is prohibited ? EA literally has the game “TitanFall” listed as a game. Also weird that, I have “TitanOptimus” as my username for twitch, steam, epic games, blizzard, etc. Community support last night looked into it and said that it was just a bug that it was prohibiting my name and that the community manager from the forums would be able to fix the bug, so that I could choose the name.
Message 3 of 8 (723 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @OptimusTTV, if the username you want to use is not accepted then there is nothing that we can do to change this.

You will need to choose a different username.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_DarkoOutstanding customer support ya’ll have. Also, the fact that I’ve been given 3 totally different responses to this to this tiny, easily fixable issue, is hilarious. EA support is a joke.

Message 5 of 8 (718 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @OptimusTTV, when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

There is nothing more that I can add to this, if a username is not accepted then you will need to choose another one.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hey @EA_Darko  being polite and constructive is a two way street and from what ive seen you have been neither.  I am having a similar issue with my chosen user name and its my legal name 

Message 7 of 8 (622 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DC_dan152, if the username you wish to use is not being accepted then you will need to choose a different name. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (587 Views)