I updted and tried to start a new game. It created 32,000 versions of the game

by LiLo85254

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I updted and tried to start a new game. It created 32,000 versions of the game

★★★ Newbie

How Do I delete these games in bulk? I don't want to manually delete 32,000 games

Message 1 of 5 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I updted and tried to start a new game. It created 32,000 versions of the ga

@LiLo85254  Is this about Sims 4?  If you don't mind losing everything, then yes, you can trash the entire Sims 4 folder, as in, the one in Documents\Electronic Arts.  That's where your user data is stored, including saves.  Don't touch the one in Program Files though, or else you'll need to reinstall the game.

If this is about a different game, please let me know which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (389 Views)

All Replies

Re: I updted and tried to start a new game. It created 32,000 versions of the ga

@LiLo85254  I'm guessing you mean saves?  Find the folder where your saves are stored, for example in Sims 4 that would be Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.  Click the Modified Date header so the files are sorted by date, and move the earlier files, i.e. your existing saves, elsewhere, like to a new folder on your desktop.  Then drag the saves folder to the trash.

When you launch the game again, a new saves folder will be generated, and you can put your old saves back in.  It's better to do that before starting a new save, so you don't get two save files with the same name.

Message 2 of 5 (400 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I do not see any folder names saves. Can I just simply take settings back to original? I've just started playing and I am not attached to any of my games
Message 3 of 5 (398 Views)

@LiLo85254  Is this about Sims 4?  If you don't mind losing everything, then yes, you can trash the entire Sims 4 folder, as in, the one in Documents\Electronic Arts.  That's where your user data is stored, including saves.  Don't touch the one in Program Files though, or else you'll need to reinstall the game.

If this is about a different game, please let me know which one.

Message 4 of 5 (390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict You are Awesome! That worked. I was looking in the wrong place. Thank you so much! Now, I need to learn how to play.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 5 (381 Views)