I updated Origin and lost eveything

by slv07

Original Post

I updated Origin and lost eveything

★★ Novice

I've been playing the Sims 4 since the day I got it for my birthday, back in January of 2015. I've bought many of its various expansions, game packs, and stuff packs, and clocked over a thousand hours into this game that I love.

I can't give you an exact number though.

Because about this time last year, I updated Origin so that I could play the Sims 4 after breaking from it for a while and after it updated, it told me that I didn't even own the game. 

Lucky for me, Origin was having a sale on the Sims 4 base game, so I had to buy a game I already owned for years again for $9.99. I hoped that I'd still have my expansions, my families, anything! My families were still there, but none of my packs or expansions. If I calculated correctly, I lost $360 worth of expansions.

I tried to talk to EA technical support but because I can't prove that I owned the copy in the first place(I got a physical disc copy as a birthday present back in 2015, so I don't have the receipt), it was of no help.

But I have an idea of what might have happened.

When I got the Sims 4 back in January of 2015, my Origin ID and Sims 4 Gallery name were two different things, my ID being one thing and my gallery name being another. I have no idea how I made them that way, it was so long ago, I don't remember. But after I updated, my gallery name wasn't the unique name anymore; my gallery name was my Origin ID. 

If you look up in the gallery sam177007, all of my stuff is still there! That is me! That is my gallery name! But now I don't have access to it. I tried password after password and tried resetting it but it's under an email that I don't have because I only have one and that one it isn't connected to!

I think whatever happened when I updated Origin, it made my gallery name and Origin ID two separate entities... and still,
 I can't access my old stuff. I lost $360 because of this...

A month after this happened, I gave up and just started anew with the base game I had bought again. I now have some expansions but still half of what I had before. I just want to know what happened. I really couldn't care if I got my old stuff back, though if I did, I'd probably cry. I just have no idea what happened.

Message 1 of 1 (135 Views)