Re: I got banned for cheating and i did not even cheat ???

by EA_Darko

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Recently Activision has a huge problem currently and being banned for cheating could mean 2 things.

Less likely:   A Hacker entered you're account and put cheats on it you might of been framed but like a said EA Has a hold of many hackers from my experience 
But the other thing that might of happened is you did cheat in some way or form without noticing it check out https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/play-by-the-ea-rules/  if you wanna check out the rules see if you might of broke one check out https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/apex-legends/apex-legends/play-by-the-rules-in-apex-legends/

Message 21 of 38 (2,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, is there anything I can do??? I've sent a total of 3 emails asking about what to do and have never gotten a response...
In September I tried to get into APEX legends after months of not playing it but was notified that I was banned. APEX told me that it was because I "left an ongoing match". I sent 2 emails regarding that with no response and this was a year ago. I sent another email because I found out that my whole origin account was banned because of cheating. I never cheated and I know this because I don't even know how to get software TO cheat. I also was gifted Titanfall 2 and I can't play it because my acc is perm banned. This is really frustrating because I never did anything to warrant a ban let alone a perm ban, and these games that I'm buying are not able to be played... PLEASE HELP

Message 22 of 38 (2,088 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @935_Stark74 the best thing to do is to reach out to our TOS team using the steps posted above.

If you have already reached out then you will need to give them time to respond. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 23 of 38 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apex Anti cheat system is a damn joke, I've played a few hours after coming back from season 2. Just got the email I was banned. Maybe change to a better anti cheat because this is bs.

I've already followed the steps to talk to support. It also looks like someone was able to link their steam to my origin account. I've changed my password, not sure how to remove the steam account tho.

Message 24 of 38 (2,018 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Umpot you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 25 of 38 (2,007 Views)

★ Novice

Was your issue resolved as of today?

I receives same email that i was cheating, i havent played apex for several month, yesterday i downloaded the game and once i try to press play on apex main menu screen it says your account is banned.

Message 26 of 38 (1,892 Views)

★ Novice
@Gio110ani Happened to me 2 days ago, got banned by cheating but never did it! EA is making some real wrong bans!
Message 27 of 38 (1,879 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you have a ban on your account then you will need to speak with our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 28 of 38 (1,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same thing happened to me. when i tried to play Apex, I got banned. just because I disagree with someone from my teammate who said "THIS IS NOT A LOOT SIMULATOR GAME", I got reported and got banned. Imagine going to war without proper armors and ammos. just your bare hands. while your enemies got purple shields and 300 rounds of ammo for their R99. Will you still say "THIS IS NOT A LOOT SIMULATOR GAME".

EA ToS team doesn't even check the veracity of the report made by players. as long as you got reported, then you're done. In my opinion, this is just laziness on their part. Not checking if the report was legitimate. It's disappointing, frustrating, and sad.

Message 29 of 38 (1,837 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @johnshem03 you can appeal your ban with our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 30 of 38 (1,796 Views)