Re: I downloaded the Sims 4, but can't find it

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I downloaded the Sims 4, but can't find it

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 4 online, and I can't find it. I am unable to open it and play it. Please help!!!

Message 1 of 8 (1,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your game @Abbzzzzs.

Did you purchase the game through Origin or another retailer?

If from Origin then you will need to open the Origin app and from your, My Game Library launch the game.

If you purchased the game from another retailer or have a code then you need to ensure that you have redeemed it to your Origin account.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,291 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your game @Abbzzzzs.

Did you purchase the game through Origin or another retailer?

If from Origin then you will need to open the Origin app and from your, My Game Library launch the game.

If you purchased the game from another retailer or have a code then you need to ensure that you have redeemed it to your Origin account.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I purchased the Sims 4 through Origin. I now see the Sims 4 that in My Game Library. I don't see a download button. Can you help me out with this?
Message 3 of 8 (1,228 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @emilyzenk93 what do you see when you access your My Game Library, is the button greyed out, missing, other? 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Missing. The Sims 4 game icon is there but I can't access anything from it. My computer also says, “Origin” can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store.
Message 5 of 8 (1,179 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @emilyzenk93 on what platform are you trying to play the game and can you grab me a screenshot of the error?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im using a mac.  Please see attached screen shot. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,174 Views)

@emilyzenk93  Right-click (or hold down the crtl key and click) on the Origin download, and select Open.  You'll still get a message about Origin not being from the App store, but you should be able to open it anyway.

If that doesn't work, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select System Preferences, then Security & Privacy, then the General tab if it's not already showing.  There should be a notice about Origin having been blocked from opening.  Click the lock icon in the lower left corner of the window, enter your password to allow changes, and then unblock Origin.

By the way, you'll need an admin password to do this, so if you're not the admin on this computer, please ask the person who is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (1,146 Views)