Re: I cant download origin: system error the code execution cannot proceed.....h

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cant download origin: system error the code execution cannot proceed.....help!

★★★ Newbie

Help desp needed!! my  email is [edit: email address removed]. I have bought a new laptop and a desktop recently both with the capacity to hold the sims. without out thinking it would be a problem to download origin I bought the sims 4( cause I really really wanna play it) so the purchase went through and was paid for and i cant down load ORIGIN no matter what i have tried running I have tried saving and opening and it wont download it keeps giving me a error. It keeps saying

SYSTEM ERROR

THIS CODE EXECUTION CANNOT PROCEED BECAUSE VCRUNTIME 140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 

I have tried everything I know and yes also restarted and did on both comps and yet I got the same prob

Message 1 of 22 (21,835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cant download origin: system error the code execution cannot proceed.....h

@ivangagne  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (21,783 Views)

All Replies

@ivangagne  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

Message 2 of 22 (21,784 Views)

★★ Novice

Worked for me! Big help! Thank you so much!!

Message 3 of 22 (21,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Worked for me
Message 4 of 22 (21,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked for me thanks

Message 5 of 22 (21,424 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi puzzleadict,

I have been experiencing the same issue when trying to run the exe file for C&C Remastered and have a question regarding the solution you posted above.

When I search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable in Apps, I see a number of these, but not one pertaining to 2015 (I see Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2010, 2013 and 2017).

Is it safe for me to uninstall all of these and then download and install the one you recommended?

Thanks

Message 6 of 22 (20,818 Views)

@Mabus2016  It's safe to uninstall the other VC++ runtimes in that it won't break your computer.  But other programs need those runtimes, or they wouldn't have been installed in the first place.  The older runtimes (pre-2015) are all standalone and don't conflict with each other.  But the 2017 runtimes are just newer versions of the 2015 runtimes.

If you have both the x86 and x64 versions of the 2017 runtimes, uninstall those two and then install the 2015 versions.  Whatever program needs the 2017 runtimes will either update them automatically at some point or alert you that you need to do it yourself, so I wouldn't worry about it.  If you only have one of the two 2017 runtimes (x86 or x64, but not both), try installing the 2015 version of the other one, and see whether Origin works.  If it doesn't, go ahead and replace the 2017 version with the one from 2015.

Message 7 of 22 (20,815 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, this solution worked perfectly. I appreciate your help with this!

Message 8 of 22 (20,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!

Message 9 of 22 (19,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I’m new to computer gaming and everything I have a HP and you literally saved my life!!! I know zero about computers I play PS4 thank you so so much!
Message 10 of 22 (17,821 Views)