by apmcdesign

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot download DLC or Expansions of the Sims 4 on Chile, South America

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello Guys!

First of all I am sorry for my English, it is not my first language
I hope you're can help me, because EAHelps doesn't an answer that could solve my problem.
Yesterday I saw that the "famous" Journey to Batuu was with a sale and why not? Let's buy! Once purchased, I set it to download normally and oh, surprice, the download was frozen at 77% and it said there was 0 seconds left to download. I thought it was a server error or something because my internet was working perfectly.

Today I tried the download again and it did not work, same 77%. I contacted EAHelps who kindly tried to help me, I already tried everything: proxies, firewalls, connecting to another internet network, resetting origin, resetting NVRAM, etc, etc ... until I completely uninstalled origin and reinstalled thinking that this It would work but again oh, surprice. It was the worst thing I could have done because now not only can I not download Batuu, but I have several content packs and expansions that just freeze too.

I have 2 MAC's with different operating systems and in both it is the same problem, so I tried to install on a PC and it works perfect, conclusion I think something is wrong with origin for Mac that does not work correctly and that it's frustrating me because it is money lost .. I can't just enjoy it for all that I paid for.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Message 1 of 7 (905 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot download Sims 4 on Chile South America. Region Issue

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello!!! I tried with a VPN and work!!! Oh my god I am so happy. Thank you so much. So the problem is the servers on Chile

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (788 Views)

All Replies

Re: An unexpected error has occurred. Error: 196613:0

★★★★★ Novice
@pingcypher Hello! I have the same problem, did you have any solution?
Message 2 of 7 (865 Views)

Cannot download Sims 4 on Chile South America. Region Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello Guys, I have 2 days trying download Sims 4 on my Mac, because I had uninstall all, due to Batuu DLS installed problem. And it's impossible. The percentage of the download are frozen all time.
I thought it was my computer, but thanks to EA Help collaborators and others persons, here in the forum , I have done all the tests you can imagine and nothing works.

Things I tried:
* Gatekeeper tolerates Origin
* Reseted Origin
* Disabling the proxy settings
* Reset NVRAM
* The graphics settings to save power
* Reinstalled origin
* Repaired the game
* Manual hard unistall of origin
* Power cycle of my networks
* Tried with 2 differents networks
* Tried on 3 differents computers ( 2 macs (with catalina and mojave , not big sur) and 1 windows desktop)
* The default path where you install Origin is in my_user / Applications but I tried with HD / Applications
* Tried to locate The Sims 4 in the installation folder, right-click and select "Send to Trash." After that, open Origin, right-click on the game cover and select Repair Game
* I disabled participating in Origin technical tests
* Apple Diagnostics
* Apple hardware test

Investigating everywhere what could happen, I found here in the forum and another person on Twitter with the same problem as me. And we are all living in Chile, South America....
I think is a Region problem. Please EA Help, Origin!

Message 3 of 7 (906 Views)

Re: An unexpected error has occurred. Error: 196613:0

★★★★★ Novice
@apmcdesign no yet Frown
Message 4 of 7 (821 Views)

@apmcdesign  Have you tried downloading into a new user account on one of your Macs?  Normally, the fact that this is an issue on two different computers would suggest you're right about the issue being on EA's side.  But maybe some of your account settings, anything from security settings to antivirus or cleaner apps to browser settings or extensions, are interfering on both computers.

If that doesn't go anywhere, you could try using a VPN to download.  While you'd probably run into issues if you tried to buy content while using the VPN, downloading should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello! yes I tried with this too ( the new account on mac, I will update my post ) I will try with a VPN Standard smile I have not tried this option yet! Thank you some much
Message 6 of 7 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello!!! I tried with a VPN and work!!! Oh my god I am so happy. Thank you so much. So the problem is the servers on Chile
Message 7 of 7 (789 Views)