I can't use Origin at all.

by msmw

Original Post

I can't use Origin at all.

★★ Novice

Each time I try to use origin instead of working I got only some weird gray boxes which pulsate with frequency of about 1 Hz. I can't install any of my 54 games, and I can't run them either. I can't access shop to buy more games. I can't do a single thing. The only consolidation is that I'm not paying a monthly fee to access things I already bought.

I can access store thru the browser, so technically there is a workaround to buy games, but since I can't install them there is no point in buying them either. Also each time I enter Origin website for 2-3  seconds the page looks like the one in Origin client. But after that it switches to normal view. So it is possible that the page in Origin just doesn't load fully, or this internet browser which is the part of this launcher isn't fully compatible with your webpage.

I tried following steps to fix it:

- Closing and launching origin again.

- Downloading and installing Origin Update.

- Rebooting computer.

- Changing Internet Service Provider.

- Clearing entire Origin Cache.

- Reinstalling Origin.

- Checking if other game stores work (Steam, GOG, Epic Games store worked just fine, the last one required client update)

- Contacting EA tech support. (no reply yet)

This gray bars problem isn't new. It keeps happening on and off for as long as I remember. I happened on this desktop, my previous desktop, my laptop which I used before switching to desktop... I switched everything, including the city in which I live and it still keeps happening. So no, it is not just a problem with my computer, OS (it used to happen on Windows 7 Home, and now I use Windows 10 Pro) or maybe ISP. The only thing which is constant is my Origin account.

Message 1 of 1 (124 Views)