Re: I can't receive security messages on the primary email address.

by Larudor

Original Post

I can't receive security messages on the primary email address.

★★ Novice

Hello, my problem is I can't receive security messages on the primary email but I can receive them on the secondary. It doesn't depend on my email. Even if the primary email and the second one are swapped the situation is the same. EA support tried to help me but they couldn't. They said some players had this issue and they tried to resolve it. Could you suggest what can it be and what to do to resolve this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (301 Views)

Community Manager

That's an odd one @Larudor and certainly not one that I have seen before.

Can I ask, is it a case that you never receive the email or you do but so long has passed that the code is no longer usable?

If you change the delivery to SMS are you able to receive the code?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (270 Views)

★★ Novice

The account was created through Xbox 360 when I played BF4. I did not know about this account for a long time and then I tried to log in I faced with this problem. The security messages did not come and I was forced to contact support. An adviser helped me to restore my password and I successfully log in to my account. However the problem did not disappear. I can not verify my email because of the issue. As I said before I can receive the messages on my secondary email but unable to receive on the primary. It does not depend on the email I use. Whatever email I use the situation is the same. Please tell me if you need an additional information.Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (266 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try changing your code delivery to SMS and then request one to see if you receive the text @Larudor?

In a situation such as this it's all about trying to narrow down the cause by ruling various things out.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (253 Views)

★★ Novice

SMS code delivery works correctly.

Message 5 of 7 (242 Views)

Community Manager

Cool cool @Larudor.

For the time being, I would recommend setting SMS as your primary verification code delivery and I'll look into the email issue a little more and see if I can recreate it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (232 Views)

★★ Novice

I see, thank you for the help. I am looking forward to the results. For now, I will follow your advice.Wink

Message 7 of 7 (227 Views)