Re: I can't log into Origin because it is zoomed in

by 1343044800

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't log into Origin because it is zoomed in

★ Novice

My first problem with logging into origin was when after I typed in my password and username it would say try again later. So I followed steps to fix that concern and they didn't work. After I attempted fixing that a new problem arose. Now when I try to log in everything is zoomed in. I have seen past solutions to this problem and it will not work, please help! (I am on a macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6)

Message 1 of 5 (531 Views)

Accepted Solution

@1343044800  Please make sure you don't have a proxy enabled.  Here's how to check:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135932

If that doesn't help, try using your phone as a mobile hotspot.  (Make sure it's using data, not your home wifi.)  The point is to see whether the issue is your computer, or perhaps your router or ISP.  Routers can be powercycled, but ISP issues have to be addressed by the company.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (482 Views)

All Replies

@1343044800  Please follow this guide to do a clean uninstall of Origin:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

Restart your computer, download and install a fresh copy of Origin, and try to login.  Don't use safe mode; that often leads to the zoomed in login screen.

Message 2 of 5 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI have tried this and it did fix the zoomed in problem. However now when I log in it still says "could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes". I have waited HOURS and nothing works!!!!. What do you recommend?

Message 3 of 5 (494 Views)

@1343044800  Please make sure you don't have a proxy enabled.  Here's how to check:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135932

If that doesn't help, try using your phone as a mobile hotspot.  (Make sure it's using data, not your home wifi.)  The point is to see whether the issue is your computer, or perhaps your router or ISP.  Routers can be powercycled, but ISP issues have to be addressed by the company.

Message 4 of 5 (483 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! I was worried my games would be lost forever. Much appreciated! Sending warm wishes and a happy healthy holidays to you!🥰
Message 5 of 5 (474 Views)