I can't log into Origin Account. Is it gone?

by GunchapRedBackup

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't log into Origin Account. Is it gone?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When i tried logging into my origin account today to play some Sims and i found that after a few attempts at logging in, it kept telling me that both my email and password were incorrect. I made sure there were no typos of any kind in either one and i still couldn't log in. I tried requesting a password reset, however because my email was "incorrect" i never got word back. Then i tried contacting EA Help and making a case with them, once again was met with radio silence. So then i created this dummy account and sure enough i was able to log into it, but still not my main one. So i decided to use this dummy account to post my issue here.So basically the million dollar question is "Is my Origin account gone?" If so, can i get it back and how? if it's not lost, then how do i access it? If it is lost and I can't get it back, is there a way i can get compensated for all the money i spent on it? If it helps, my account name was GunchapRed. 

Edit: Managed to track down my account through an old forum post and it looks like it's not lost. However, it looks like the account is online and was active 2 hours ago.

Message 1 of 5 (305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't log into Origin Account. Is it gone?

★★ Apprentice

Good news, after deciding to skip the chatrooms and get a direct call, i was able to access my account again. Thanks EA support, nice to know your phones work better than your chat rooms.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (265 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Ok, I managed to get my EA Asnwers account back, but aside from that, nothing much about the situation has changed. This is a good update, but stil developing.

Message 2 of 5 (283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

*, i logged out trying to change the password and i don't have control over the EAAnswers account. However, i've made a huge development. The * who stole my account didn't change the password. However, he put 2 step verification on my account so i still can't access it because it's under a disposible email that i don't know.

Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Good news, after deciding to skip the chatrooms and get a direct call, i was able to access my account again. Thanks EA support, nice to know your phones work better than your chat rooms.

Message 4 of 5 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @GunchapRed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (223 Views)