I can't log in to Origin

by sean22x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't log in to Origin

★★ Novice

I can't log in to Origin. Never had this problem before. This is what im getting when I try to log into Origin: origin.exe - Application Error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Message 1 of 8 (598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't log in to Origin

Community Manager

For those seeing the log in issue relating to credentials can you please try resetting your password.

If it does not work or you do not get the email then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (401 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Same, but I keep getting "Your login credentials have expired. Please re-log in." Then when I try to log in it loads for like 30 seconds and the same message pops up. 

Message 2 of 8 (579 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same for me too, just signed itself out and won't let me back in.  Went to EA Tech Support and their webpage has an error message on it and isn't working either.

Message 3 of 8 (457 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem, it is a planned shutdown or what

Message 4 of 8 (448 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sean22x the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" is not in fact an Origin error message but rather a Windows error.

Can you try the following steps to see if they help: 

1. Restart your system
  2. Ensure that you are running Origin as administrator
  3. Reinstall Origin 
  4. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

You can manually run the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
    • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

5. Ensure that you OS is fully up to date
  6.  Run Check Disk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Click on Start menu and type “cmd“. Right click Command Prompt in the result and select Run as administrator.

Enter “chkdsk c: /f /r“. (This means you are going to check and repair C drive. If you want to check another drive, replace “c” with the corresponding letter of that drive.) Follow the instruction to complete the process.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (402 Views)

Community Manager

For those seeing the log in issue relating to credentials can you please try resetting your password.

If it does not work or you do not get the email then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (402 Views)

★ Guide

I deleted my Origin cache and restarted my router, then it let me sign in. 

Message 7 of 8 (377 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @SchraIIpz.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (329 Views)