I can’t add a friend

by g-hirvo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can’t add a friend

★★★ Novice

I’ve tried adding my friend by using EA ID, Real name, and email, but he doesn’t not appear. He’s tried as well and he can’t find me. We checked to see if the privacy was the issue but it isn’t. If anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Message 9 of 47 (9,343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can’t add a friend

★★★ Novice

I was able to find my friend. I couldn’t find him through the Origin app but yesterday an add appeared to download the EA Beta app and I decided to download it. That’s when I was able to find my friend, so I guess just download the beta and you should be good to go

View in thread

Message 23 of 47 (11,611 Views)

All Replies

Can't add friend and they can't add me

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So i want to play it takes two with my friend (they have the friends pass) and i cant find or add them in origin. Please help out (we both got the game through steam btw)

Message 1 of 47 (11,466 Views)

Re: Can't find friend and they can't find me

★★★ Newbie
@Pocketfren I'm the friend!
Message 2 of 47 (11,456 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there!

What is happening when you search in Origin? Is it just not giving you any results at all? Are you searching with the Steam user name, or the Origin ID? 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 47 (11,412 Views)

★ Novice

What's happening is i search them up with their steam username, origin id and their gmail and it isn't showing up with their name and the same for them except they only use my origin id to search

Message 4 of 47 (11,391 Views)

Community Manager

@Pocketfren 

Gotcha, thanks! 

Have you checked your account privacy settings to make sure you have it set up for your account to appear in search results? You can find more information on how to change your privacy settings at the EA Help website

Let me know if you're still having any trouble finding each other after that. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 5 of 47 (11,343 Views)

★ Novice

We have both made it so everyone should be able to find us (also we've been able to friend over here but it isn't showing up in origin???)

Message 6 of 47 (11,319 Views)

Community Manager

@Pocketfren 

Hmm, that's definitely strange. Can we also try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps? If there's something in the cached data that's causing problems with friend requests that might be able to help. 

You can find more details on how to clear the cache visit the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks again!

Kent.png
Message 7 of 47 (11,302 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

In addition to what @EA_Kent said, if you are both trying to play through Origin, then can you make sure that you have both launched Origin with your accounts?

To my knowledge you can't search for friends that haven't logged in through Origin yet. 

Jason.png
Message 8 of 47 (11,287 Views)

Re: I can’t add a friend

Community Manager

Hey @g-hirvo is it possible to try on a different network or ISP to see if you both continue to have the same issue?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 47 (9,314 Views)