Re: I can't access Origin, it only shows loading grey boxes

by Lahdeia

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Ok it did not work. I have a windows 10 pc. I did the steps exactly and all that happened was origin updated, but there are still just grey boxes. I can still play my sims4 though

I do not want to have to delete it and reinstall it again. takes to long to reload everythinh

Message 41 of 52 (777 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @lLikeRainBows.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 42 of 52 (753 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Lahdeia can you try the steps below to see if they help.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 43 of 52 (752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried every step in this conversation and previous too on this site and nothing helped yet. Tried clearing cache multiple times, running as administrator, reinstalling origin, unticked options, deleted files and everything else. Nothing helped. Still grey boxes on both, the origin app and origin site too. Everything else is going fine. Is there anything else I can try?

Message 44 of 52 (730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you get the latest update? The latest update seems to have fixed the issue for me. It may also have something to do with my ISP no longer throttling my connection, but I was able to load the update quickly & now Origin is working properly.

I hope you will get it straightened out soon.

Message 45 of 52 (688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im just going to leave it alone. I have the sims4 legacy and i dont want anything else to mess up. This happens everytime maxis sends an update

Message 46 of 52 (657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi!

Is there an article about how to reset Origin on a PC? I tried to download the reset tool that is referenced on this article, but I couldn't find "resetorigin.zip" and I was thinking that might be since I'm playing on a PC?

https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/ 

Message 47 of 52 (635 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko thank you..my problem is fixed now after i cleared the cache for third time. I really appreciate it
Message 48 of 52 (569 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @bewaurenge.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 49 of 52 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just wanted to let you know my origin started working again without me having to uninstall and reinstall it

Thanks for your help 

UPDATE: There was another update and its doing it again. Only this time I brought a new expansion pack. I went online and added the product code on Origin.com. not sure if it will still down load but ill see

Message 50 of 52 (532 Views)