Re: July 23 cottage living not downloading

by EA_Cade

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Omg you're a star!!! I have just cancelled my pre order and bought it again and it is downloading THANK GOODNESS what a waste of 2 hours 😭

Message 71 of 94 (858 Views)

Re: I bought Sims 4 Cottage living Now says "buy" instead of downloadi

★★★ Newbie

They tweeted about it and say they are working on it, so just be patient and soon, you will be living your cottage dreams

Message 72 of 94 (850 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cottage Living expansion pack download failed

★★★★ Apprentice
@hermagnumopus the same,never again,instead of playing, great disappointment and stress
Message 73 of 94 (821 Views)

★★ Novice

Just give them time. They are working on a fix, however I'm a very impatient lol

Message 74 of 94 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this same problem (there being a big download button but it not doing anything) and had to close Origin using task manager. Just closing Origin myself didn't work. But when I opened it again after closing with task manager the download started instantly Standard smile

Message 75 of 94 (791 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Szczepionka This got it downloading, thank you!
Message 76 of 94 (754 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FarmerLin yes thankyou! I did the same thing, but when I click download, it doesn't do anything. help please!
Message 77 of 94 (745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some preorders don't seem to able to be cancelled. I payed for mine through paypal. My credit card was never charged. The circumstance could be different for different buyers depending on the method of payment. I am sure EA will resolve the issue in time. But for those of us who don't want to wait, you can go to your purchase history through the Origin menu, then you can choose to cancel your order. Again, I want to state that for me personally, my card was never charged for the order in the first place. Which made cancelling on my end a no brainer. It could be different for everyone and you risk losing the preorder goodies with this method, so use at your own risk Standard smile

Message 78 of 94 (731 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

There is a thread on this issue over in the Sims 4 board here with an update from the Sims team. 

I'm going to go ahead and lock this post now, please use the thread above for updates on this. 

Thanks!

EACade
Message 79 of 94 (4,081 Views)

Cottage Living - How do I download it?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I purchased this game yet I cannot download it.  How do I get to the download page?

Message 80 of 94 (635 Views)