Re: Sims 4 Cottage Living expansion pack download failed

by hermagnumopus

Original Post

Re: July 23 cottage living not downloading

★★★ Newbie

This is what's going on with me it says owned and its installed I restarted multiple times and still says unavailable 

Message 31 of 94 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay everyone I figured it out. There's something wrong with the preorder processing. I cancelled my order (I got an email that I will be refunded the full amount) and repurchased Cottage Living. It is now downloading. A very strange and frustrating glitch Frown Never preordering again tbh, just lost an hour of precious game time! Tongue out

Message 32 of 94 (978 Views)

★ Novice

Omg thank you!!!

Message 33 of 94 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Glad I came to read the threads. I had pre-ordered mine as well, but it was still "processing" so I canceled and re-purchased and now it's downloading too Standard smile  Thanks everyone~ Happy Simming!

Message 34 of 94 (914 Views)

★★★ Novice

Restarting Origin via task manager hasn't helped. I preordered the game and it said my order was still processing, yet it took the money out of my account and I'm sitting here, an hour after launch, with nothing.

Message 35 of 94 (907 Views)

Re: I bought Sims 4 Cottage living Now says "buy" instead of downloadi

★★★★★ Newbie
@Ancheelah im not asking you im hoping someone else will hop on and have an answer
Message 36 of 94 (782 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I pre-ordered Cottage Living but it's not downloading in my game.  It's now 1:55 p.m Eastern Time - the pack became available 55 minutes ago but it's still not downloading into my game.  This is the first time this has happened to me.  I own almost every other pack and they all downloaded immediately upon release, so I think something's wrong.

Message 37 of 94 (951 Views)

Cottage Living Pre-Order won't download

★★ Novice

I saw a lot of people were having this issue on Instagram, but the only solution I saw was the logout and into origins but this hasn't yielded any results for me. I pre-ordered cottage living and it says so in my purchase history but the game is not appearing for download in origins, it comes up like I need to purchase it again. I'm playing on a Mac, is anyone else here having the same problem? 

Message 39 of 94 (773 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Forgot to mention, I also cleared my Origin cache, but that didnt't make any difference.  Cottage Living simply won't download.

Message 38 of 94 (931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey friend! Check out your order history, you will see that it will list Cottage Living as still "processing". This seems to be a glitch some of us are experiencing. You can cancel your order and they will refund you, then just repurchase the expansion and it will download normally. We may or may not still receive preorder bonuses using this method, however, Happy Simming! 

Message 40 of 94 (933 Views)