Re: Sims 4 Cottage Living expansion pack download failed

by AstraeaNevermore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I bought Sims 4 Cottage living Now says "buy" instead of downloading.

★★ Novice

I bought sims 4 cottage living last month. Now that its the day to download, its saying "buy" instead of download. I have the proof of purchase on my paypal. I have the grden gnome stuff that came with early purchase. So why is it asking me to buy the game again??????????????

Message 1 of 94 (4,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: July 23 cottage living not downloading

Community Manager

Hey all, 

There is a thread on this issue over in the Sims 4 board here with an update from the Sims team. 

I'm going to go ahead and lock this post now, please use the thread above for updates on this. 

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 79 of 94 (4,083 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here! mine still doesnt work! 

Message 2 of 94 (4,657 Views)

★★ Novice

What I did was exit out of origin from the menu and started back up and it worked. Hope this helps

Message 3 of 94 (4,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game will not download! It says I’ve purchased cottage living and to view in library but not option to download?? Help!

Message 4 of 94 (4,480 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I tried exiting Origin and reopening it, repairing my game, updating my game, logging out and logging in, rebooting my pc and even opening Origin as administrator. Nothing works, the software wants me to buy the game again even though I already paid the full price for it a week ago.

Message 5 of 94 (4,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exact same here. I tried all of those things and more. Still nothing. I kind of want my money back. It shouldn't be this difficult to just simply install a game... 

Message 6 of 94 (4,410 Views)

can't download cottage living

★ Novice

I had pre ordered it a few days ago and already have the extras in my game and the receipt from PayPal so I know my order when through. But now instead of letting me download it it just says buy. How am I supposed to get what I paid for?

Message 7 of 94 (3,898 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@AstraeaNevermore it's happening to me, too Frown
Message 8 of 94 (4,335 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ohmeowna1016 You have to go into expansion packs and download it there.
click sims 4 (as if your going to play)
go over to the right where it says more and click the arrow to show EXPANSION PACKS

Then scroll down to where it shows the cottage. I have two separate ones, one to show detail and the other to download. Then you can click download. Mine hasn't started downloading yet but I hope it can work for you guys!
Message 9 of 94 (4,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried this, as I have the same problem currently, but it still hasn't worked.

Message 10 of 94 (4,295 Views)