I am unable to properly install Origin

by rachellabelle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I am unable to properly install Origin

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased The Sims 4 and of course I've had to download origin to be able to play it. No problems with the download at all. However, everytime I attempt to install origin, it gets halfway through and then encounters an error. Please help! 

Side note: I'm not very good with laptop technology or terms so if anyone who knows what's going on or what the problem might be, lease explain it as simple as possible (sorry) Frown

Message 1 of 3 (256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot download origin

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @rachellabelle and @fairyboylukas.

First thing to do is take a look at his help article and follow the steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin/

If still not working can you open your anti-virus and firewall and disable both before trying to install Origin again.

If it works then great, you just need to add an exception for Origin to both.

If the issue remains let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)

All Replies

Cannot download origin

★ Novice

I'm in the process of switching over to a new laptop (Windows 10) and while everything else has downloaded perfectly, the installation for Origin does not work. I've downloaded the installation set up multiple times, but it doesn't run no matter what I do.

Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: Cannot download origin

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @rachellabelle and @fairyboylukas.

First thing to do is take a look at his help article and follow the steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin/

If still not working can you open your anti-virus and firewall and disable both before trying to install Origin again.

If it works then great, you just need to add an exception for Origin to both.

If the issue remains let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (184 Views)