How to unblock a friend

by Kentropy

Original Post

Re: Signed in, all friends blocked, can't unblock

★★ Novice

Looks like the javascript is completely broken on this webpage: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/privacy/index?gameId=ebisu&locale=en_US I have tried in multiple browsers and the unblock buttons don't do anything.

Message 11 of 42 (1,143 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @s28400 I tested the page there and had no issues. 

A lot of the time issues with the friends list is caused by a network or connection issue. As such, is it possible to try a different network to test and see if the issue remains? You can set your phone as a hotspot and connect through it. Once we can test that we can then look into this further.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 42 (1,124 Views)

Re: Unable to unblock people from my block list

Community Manager

Hey all, would it be possible to try using a different network or connection to test the issue? There can be issues caused by certain routers that result in issues with the Friends list not working as it should. If it's possible could you try setting your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect to it to see if the issue remains? The more we can rule out the faster we can get this issue fixed. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 42 (1,056 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I tried this with a hotspot with the same issue. I also tried with a hardware ethernet to a fiber router with no luck.

I believe it is not on my end.

Message 14 of 42 (1,151 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have the exact same problem... Can't play anything with my friends because my whole friend list got blocked also.

Message 15 of 42 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Goldy0ne have the same problem still now fix when i tried swapping to a hotspot
Message 16 of 42 (1,102 Views)

Unblock friend not working

★★ Novice

Unblocking friend in origin. I know where it is in the EA account section and I see my friends name, and the remove link right next to him, but when i go to click it, another box opens up for a split second then disappears and my friends name remains on block list. I have tried it via edge, explorer, and firefox. WTF EA why you so glitchy!?!?!?!

Message 17 of 42 (1,118 Views)

Re: Unblock friend not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Having the same issue myself. All my friends on my list are blocked (think it is from when my account got hacked awhile ago), and I can't unblock them either. Tried ea customer support chat the other night whom among other things sent an email to reset a bunch of ip stuff and clearing orgin data none of which helped. He claimed was was probably a "technical issue" and to wait till its fixed. Wasn't exactly helpful honestly.

Message 18 of 42 (1,108 Views)

Re: Unblock friend not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@cepapoe Crazy...such a buggy client. And me and this friend were going to purchase a game to play online. [Removed by CM]

Message 19 of 42 (1,104 Views)

Re: Unable to unblock people from my block list

★★ Novice

crazy how this guy has been in multiple posts of this same issue insinuating that all of us have connection issues or need to change routers lol. ITS NOT ON OUR END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know the money that EA takes form us, maybe they should use that to fix their stuff cuz now I cannot unblock a good friend. its not the masses its your coding in the webpage. dead link. plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 20 of 42 (1,087 Views)