How to unblock a friend

by Kentropy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to unblock a friend

★★★ Novice

How do I unblock a friend? I accidentally blocked a friend in BF1 and now I cannot add them... please help.

Thank you in advance.

Ken Gordon

Message 1 of 42 (24,631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to unblock people from my block list

EA DICE Team

@Oonagh13  @JacobiWann  @Catac1ysmicTTV  @LegendaryHenoo @CelineGC @defireulver 

Hey all,

We fixed this in a recent update. Can you please confirm it's working for you now?

View in thread

Message 38 of 42 (20,615 Views)

All Replies

Re: How to unblock a friend

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Kentropy

Go to ea.com https://www.ea.com/ and Log in. Then, go to Account Settings https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index  and go to Privacy Settings There you will see all users that you have blocked. Also, you can unblock them from there.

Message 2 of 42 (25,837 Views)

Unable to unblock people from my block list

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Somehow my friends account is showing as blocked in my block list. No clue how this happened, but the issue now is, when I hit remove, it does not remove him from the block list. I click it, the site acts like it does something. No pop up or anything show. I made sure chrome was not blocking any pop-ups. I also tried on Edge to see if that made a difference, and it does the same thing.

I tried to unblock through the Origin app on PC and it goes from saying he is blocked to saying to add as friend. When i tried to add as a friend he does not receive a request. I checked the site and it still shows him as blocked.

Has anyone had this issue before, and is there an easy way to resolve it? Thank you.

Message 3 of 42 (19,741 Views)

Signed in, all friends blocked, can't unblock

★★ Novice

I logged into my account and all of my friends are on the block list. No idea how this happened. When I try to unblock from the application of from webpage, it does not work. 

Message 4 of 42 (19,826 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. Website acts like its doing something but doesnt remove said friend from the block list, and in origin it says he's unblocked but cannot receive friend requests (and upon logging out and back in, its showing he's blocked "again" on the origin app). 

Message 5 of 42 (19,698 Views)

Re: Signed in, all friends blocked, can't unblock

Community Manager

That's an odd one @s28400.

Can you try disabling your anti-virus and firewall and then launching Origin again to see if you see the same issue with your friends list?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 42 (19,773 Views)

trshs

★★★ Newbie

I accidentally blocked my friend, but now I am unable to unblock him, whether it is in origin or in the blocked users list. Is there anyway to unblock him?

Message 7 of 42 (19,883 Views)

★★ Novice

That did not work, is there some kind of override for the account? The website unblock buttons seem broken

Message 8 of 42 (19,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same exact issue

Message 9 of 42 (19,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue.  Any help would be great. 

Message 10 of 42 (19,626 Views)