Re: How to redownload the sims 4 in a different language?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to redownload the sims 4 in a different language?

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought/downloaded the sims 4 while I was in a CIS country, what this means is that there are only a few languages that I can run the game in (Russian, Polish and Czech), however I don't speak any of these languages and am now in a different country (Europe) and I was wondering if there is a way for me to redownload the game from the new origin store without having to pay again so that I can use it in a language I understand?

Message 1 of 2 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@constancamcos  I've moved your post to the Origin tech section.  (You posted in Sims 3.)

Sims 4 is region-locked, meaning the version you receive when you buy it depends on the region you're currently in.  If the one you have only offers those three languages, than you won't be able to download in a different one.

If you do want to rebuy the game—it's on sale now for $5 U.S. and is probably similarly cheap where you are—you'll need to create a new account or else have the game removed from your current one first.  I'm not sure if that's possible, but to do so, you'd need to contact EA customer support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (453 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@constancamcos  I've moved your post to the Origin tech section.  (You posted in Sims 3.)

Sims 4 is region-locked, meaning the version you receive when you buy it depends on the region you're currently in.  If the one you have only offers those three languages, than you won't be able to download in a different one.

If you do want to rebuy the game—it's on sale now for $5 U.S. and is probably similarly cheap where you are—you'll need to create a new account or else have the game removed from your current one first.  I'm not sure if that's possible, but to do so, you'd need to contact EA customer support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (454 Views)