How to link my EA Origin account with Steam?

by Avesteris

Original Post

Re: How to link my EA Origin account with Steam?

★ Guide

Great. Now it wants me to create a new EA account, liked with my (existing) Steam account....

I unlinked temporary(?) to test if my refunded Origin / Steam shared game would disappear from the Origin library, but it did not. (I know about and use the "hide" filter).

How do I link my existing Origin / EA account with my existing Steam account?

Message 21 of 32 (4,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It told me I need another app, I have an origin and steam account, but when I pressed on the EA game, it told me I needed a different app and sent me to the marketplace, but there were no apps for link2ea

help

Message 22 of 32 (4,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Every time i try this it makes me reset my password then when i go back to login with it again it just keeps telling me my password expired even right after resetting it. Anyone have the same problem? 

Message 23 of 32 (4,111 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, for everyone it auto logs in, u can log out and relog in, if u want to link existing accounts, both have to be using the same mail, but from what I've seen so far, games don't sync nor ea play, which is a bummer.

there's a game included in ea play on steam but it's not included on origin so I was hoping to link them and be able to play it on steam.... Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work, I hope EA and Steam work on it so users can have a better experience, as I don't want to pay for ea play twice on different account that are linked already, no reason why I should have to 

Message 24 of 32 (3,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In addition to the annoyance of not being able to link existing Origin and existing Steam accounts easily- I'm pretty annoyed at having to have two separate Origin launchers now for one of the games I have through EA Play on Steam. It's not even done downloading and I might uninstall, 0/10 execution.

Message 25 of 32 (3,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you do it know since its 2022

Message 26 of 32 (3,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I managed to link it by following what @The_other_Rare says in post #2 above (first page). 

I have the same email address for both Steam and Origin accounts, not sure if that's important. When I entered the email for the "new" Origin account, it found my existing one and that was it. I may have misunderstood before, I'm not sure (don't remember).

Side-note:

But there's something funny going on with Origin's Filter settings. It shows 1 hidden game, and 1 Steam game, but none of them actually shows up even if I clear or select said filters.

I only had 2 games bought via Steam, one of which I refunded. The other one I did not refund. Both gone now :P  It works from Steam and recognize my Origin account, so no biggie I guess.

EDIT: Nope, the refunded Steam is still there. Just needed to activate both filters at once (Steam + hidden games). Not sure if it complicates matter that I re-bought it later on Origin? Btw that version is also there anyways (not hidden etc), and works. Idk. Hours played is the same on both, probably since it's the same title. It's a bit messy. Or actually it's not, or shouldn't be. But it is. But sure I'll just continue having the refunded Steam version as "hidden", not really a problem. Just odd.

Message 27 of 32 (3,698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But how can you link an existing Steam Account with an Existing EA Account i dont want to make new accounts for 1 game thats kinda *

Message 28 of 32 (2,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2022 and there is still no way to link Steam to your EXISTING ACCOUNT!? is this a joke? the answer in this post is nonsense to "log in with your stream login, because it will create new EA account. 

Message 29 of 32 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is, but as far as I can tell there aren't any benefits if progress doesn't transfer.  I was thrown off by people saying to log out and then log into steam, but when I did (same email on both accounts) it automatically found the two accounts and says they're linked in my profile.  That said, when I look at EA games through steam that I own on origin/ea play, it doesn't see them as purchased.  I'm going to try logging purchasing something through steam and see if it tracks the other way around.  This is ridiculous though.

Message 30 of 32 (1,990 Views)