How to link my EA Origin account with Steam?

by Avesteris

Original Post

Re: How to link my EA Origin account with Steam?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@The_other_Rare
I wanted to play EA game via Steam (for all that perks Steam is providing, like achievements, forums, game discussion/comments etc. etc.)
I thought that when I link it with Steam, the games I own on the Origin becomes available on Steam too, shame....

So.... actually what is the point of linking that both services anyways?

Message 11 of 32 (13,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! I too have a similar issue with Steam and EA Play + Origin.
I subscribed to EA Play on Steam and installed SW Squadrons a few days back to access the 10 hours game time.
Then i found a decent deal on some website for the SW Squadron key activating on Origin and bought it.
I was hoping i could link the Steam account and gain access to the full game on Steam since i own it, but after playing a little bit of the 'trial' version i see that the game is not synced between Steam and Origin, which means that i am asked to re-download the entire game once more only to be launched by Origin instead of Steam. I really don't appreciate downloading 30Gb of files when these same files are already sitting on my HD.
Is there a way that i can copy/paste the main game files from their current Steam location to the folder appointed for DLoad of the Origin version and after that verify/rehash the files through the Origin launcher in order to complete the DLing of the specific Origin executables and DRM files? That would save me much traffic and time.
Thanks in advance.

Message 12 of 32 (13,633 Views)

★ Novice

I tried but there's no way for me to click on Steam at the very bottom

Message 13 of 32 (13,336 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agree. It would be great !

Message 14 of 32 (13,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@The_other_Rare I do not know about the other users, I personally was encountering an issue with Origin Launcher and wanted an easy fix of being able to pick up and play on Steam. To me I thought this would enable me to play my game, that I paid for, where ever I wanted just like I did when all this was on physical CDs. I was pretty pumped. Now I'm left with that question of 'Why did I bother? What is whole point?'.
Message 15 of 32 (12,867 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue is, it auto logs me in, so I have no chance to sign into Steam. 

Message 16 of 32 (12,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How about this-

I bought on steam and it appears to have downloaded the game.

I linked my account to EA, by signing into EA with my Steam credentials.

I now see a copy of the game in my EA client, but it wants me to download it (I've already downloaded it in steam).

I hate to download it a second time, and have two versions of the game on my PC.  Can I tell EA where my Steam install is, somehow, so it will use that install?

Message 17 of 32 (10,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you own an Origin game through Steam you need to link the accounts to play it, or to login through steam

Message 18 of 32 (10,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Umm Im also havig a problem when I play the game and I find a jackpot but have to get downloadable content I cant seem to acces the store. Bu I bought the game through Steam and was forced to open Origin.

Message 19 of 32 (9,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 is the game

Message 20 of 32 (9,714 Views)