How to fix "Unable to Verify Your Credit Card"

by NobodyLovesMeBB

Original Post

How to fix "Unable to Verify Your Credit Card"

★★★ Newbie

How to fix "UNABLE TO VERIFY CREDIT CARD" on Origin

Just recently my friend received a problem while trying to make a purchase on Origin. It said something along the lines of "We could not verify your credit card." For some reason, Origin does not accept debit cards, or that's what the support live chat said, so he hooked up his debit card to PayPal, and used PayPal to make the purchase instead, while still using his card. This worked for him. I just wanted to put this out there for anyone else having this issue. Hopefully this works for you Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (8,123 Views)

Re: How to fix "Unable to Verify Your Credit Card"

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for taking your time to post this on our forum @NobodyLovesMeBB Standard smile

Hopefully, some players with this issue will find it useful.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 12 (8,101 Views)

I can't buy any game on Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't buy anything on Origin. For example I want buy Battlefield Hardline but I have this problem 'We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. Please check your payment details and try again. Alternatively try another credit card or payment option or check with your card issuer or bank.' I need some help for this. This discount can end anytime and I need buy this game. If you can't help me I need to buy your opponent games. If you want to take my money please help. But If you can't help me I need to buy other games on other companys....

Origin ID: Felix7576

Message 3 of 12 (8,060 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this, weird cause I was able to purchase via debit card before. Just as well cause I was having second thoughts about spending money again on another expansion pack and this just helped me not spend LOL 

Message 4 of 12 (7,461 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ShairaMam can you try removing your payment methods associated with your Origin account and then on the checkout pager re-enter it.

If the issue remains then for account and billing issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 12 (7,451 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thats so stupid! I dont have a credit card right now, only my debit. I cant make a paypal, because Im only 17! someone help!

Message 6 of 12 (5,967 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @rat_bb you can find all the info related to payment methods for EA here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/buying-ea-games/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 12 (5,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try using a different credit card, and if that doesn't work contact your bank, if they don't help, exchange your credit card.

Message 8 of 12 (5,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there,

I had the same issue with 3 card, keeps telling me we are unable to verify your credit card.

Today I tried my credit card and it's added to the payment method.

what I did is just I changed the country, I am in Jordan in Mid east, I just changed the country to Saudi Arabia and the card added successfully, I don't think changing the country will affect the game version or the transaction.

I hope this will help anyone having this issue.

And for EA please fix this issue how I am in Jordan and my mobile number in Jordan and credit card in Jordan and I can choose any country I want.

Message 9 of 12 (5,458 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @osama3za best thing to do is to speak with your card issuer to see if there is an issue that they are aware of.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 12 (5,435 Views)