How to fix download speeds being super slow on origin.

by WeaselRelish

Original Post

How to fix download speeds being super slow on origin.

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me, it boosted the download speed 5x (sounds unbelievable but it's true)

To boost your download speed just follows these simple steps

1. Locate your Origin folder

2. On your desktop, make a new text document and name it EACore.ini (dont type anything inside of the document)

3. Place the text document in your Origin folder

4. Voila! your download speeds should be SO much faster than before after pausing and resuming the download.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll try to respond as fast as I can Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (535 Views)

Why is Origin so slow?

★★★ Newbie

Why is Origin so slow? Don't think I've ever hit over 3MBps on downloads. Also I've already tried all the fixes, nothing will help this download speed, obviously throttled on the other end.

Message 2 of 4 (551 Views)

Re: How to fix download speeds being super slow on origin.

★★★ Newbie

lol what happened to my thread? did it get dumped into someone elses? Tried this fix already and it didn't work, I've made the firewall exceptions, I've tried the clean boot, i uninstalled my anti virus, total BS getting the runaround from EA support, pic very related.EA Support.png

Message 3 of 4 (510 Views)

Re: How to fix download speeds being super slow on origin.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @MrLeFudge can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (491 Views)